GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SLT-2 AWD, 2800 miles
Driving over 11,000 foot Colorado Mtn. pass with air conditioning on, outside temp. 80 degrees, engine quit, would not attempt to start, temperature went up to 260, no steam and not boiling. Let engine cool for 15 minutes, temperature went down, engine started, no further problems for my 3000 trip. This situation is in the owners manual, so GM must know about it.
I saw that GM is recalling 13,032 2007 Saturn and Acadia vehicles for this problem
but the web site for this is unavailable. Now I can't find the web site. It was:
www-odi.nhtsa.dot,gov

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just being curious, was that on the way to Leadville? I did 10,000 feet in the Sierras under similar conditions, but the road was fairly windy-so probably wasn't much over 55 and had no problem. Cause I'm kinda lazy, do you remember roughly where in the owners manual they mentioned that problem. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incident on I-70 at East Entrance to Eisenhower Tunnel. I was able to turn off at the spot for trucks. I am glad it didn't happen in the tunnel.
Page 411 and 412.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GM is working on this engine stall and it only happends at high altitiude.
When going over high mountain passes I would suggest leaving the air conditioning OFF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts