GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search..... but
08 Acadia FWD
The light came on today and one day before my mom said but went off was on all day today, looked in the manual said that a puddle could cause this? WTF? also now that i think about it when I went up a hill about 30 mph it kind of stumbled.... Any clue.... calling dealer tom....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WELL the light went off but mom took it in and said we can Tell that there is a problem but cant tell you what it is... :banghead:

any suggestions?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I feel your pain, the engine light can be a 1000 different reasons. The best I can recommend is keep communication with your dealer as they can stay abreast of TSBs and/or other owners feedback.

Once you zero in on a sympton or condition, they should be able to diagnose and help you out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Tighten your gas cap first. :thumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Craven fan - good recommendation, fast and easy. I actually had the epiphany with a previous vehicle. I remember my service manager telling me that is roughly 20% of there service inquiries.

3 turns after the clicks begin when you get gas...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not had the issue on this car yet, but on past GM cars, I have found it helpful to have On-Star run diagnostics when the light comes on. Especially for intermittent things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas cap isn't the issue I checked that. On star did that as soon as it happened for giggles told me what I already knew.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stumbling could be a timing issue. My 08 AWD had the VDC and Tranction control system disabled over the weekend. Car stumbled abit as I drove up a slight incline and then the DIC flashed "service stabilitrac system", had onstar run a diagnostic, turned out that the intake valve on one of the cylinders had a hicup, threw a timing code and that apparently automatically turns stabilitrac and VDC systems off. Issue went away by itself after a 15 minutes or so, but I am still going to take it in to the dealer for a checkup. The way I understand it is that if the computer does not detect the same problem after 3 engine cycles then it clears the error light, but I believe the code is still stored. BTW, I don't know if weather has anything to do with it but it was only 26 for the high the day my car threw that error.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine has been in twice for Check Engine lights - both times it was the evaporative emissions sytem in the fuel tank. First time they replaced some sort of cannister that collects fuel vapors. Next time is was a valve of some sort.

Don't understand why the dealer could not tell what the problem is/was. A fault code is stored whenever the Check light comes on - should give the shop a pretty fair idea of what the problem is, though maybe not specifically what to replace to fix it. And iof they don't know, a call to GMC Service will point them in the right direction. Maybe you should try another GMC dealer?

·
Registered
251 Posts
GAR said:
I have not had the issue on this car yet, but on past GM cars, I have found it helpful to have On-Star run diagnostics when the light comes on. Especially for intermittent things.
Good point. I once had the engine light come on in my Impala while traveling on a highway at 65-70 mph. The car was operating normally. We called OnStar, they ran a diagnostic, everything looked normal, and they reset the engine light. It never happened again in the 4 plus years we had the car since. Probably a misfired plug or something.

·
Registered
812 Posts
GaryB said:
Mine has been in twice for Check Engine lights - both times it was the evaporative emissions sytem in the fuel tank. First time they replaced some sort of cannister that collects fuel vapors. Next time is was a valve of some sort.

Don't understand why the dealer could not tell what the problem is/was. A fault code is stored whenever the Check light comes on - should give the shop a pretty fair idea of what the problem is, though maybe not specifically what to replace to fix it. And iof they don't know, a call to GMC Service will point them in the right direction. Maybe you should try another GMC dealer?
:ditto:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts