GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 07 Acadia in for a 1 Sec delay in starter engaging once key is turned on. They checked everything, everything checked out. Delay is still there??

Anyone else with same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this SAME problem.... I just bought my Acadia like 2 weeks ago, a 2008 SLT. It didn't do it originally, so something has definitely changed and caused it to happen. I even drove to the dealership and had them give me the keys to another new one. The other one fired right up without ANY delay whatsoever.

Today, mine is in the shop and they have re-flashed the computer to see if that would fix it... NOPER! So now they are hunting around looking to see what else they can find. If they figure it out, I'll post again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The starter is computer controlled. Try just flicking the key; most times it will carry on engaging the starter beyond the time of a quick flick.

A 1-second delay? I wouldn't be concerned about it. Not starting or rough turnovers... time for service.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I noticed that right off. I would not say as much as a second but it does not have the same instantanious feel of my last car. As long as it starts, I do not care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts