GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to tackle timing chains myself at home this past holiday weekend. Pulled it off in car. No lift at home. Good news, got it done. Bad news, car wont start.....

Components I replaced with new:

Timing Chain and guide kit (Cloyes)
Water pump
4 VVT solenoids
4 cam position sensors
New spark plugs
New Ignition coils on all 6 plugs
All new fuel injectors
high pressure fuel pump
Interstate H6 Battery 730 CCA

Buttoned it all back up Sunday night and attempted to start vehicle. It will turn over but can't start. It did once for a second then nothing. I get the following codes after i attempt to start. I followed the video from Cloyes to a T on the timing chain install. All checked out with Haynes and purchased cam shaft position templates. All parts are GM or ACdelco products. I have no leaks in my fuel system after install. Fuel system primed. I cleaned the intake valves as well when I was working on the intake side of things.

P00C6 Fuel Rail pressure
P0017.....STILL.... Possible crankshaft position sensor?
P16A1 TPS high voltage
P0107 Map low input
P0113 IAT high input

These are new to me after the repair....all besides the P0017 error.

I am a seasoned garage mechanic but new to GDI and this 3.6. My gut feel is loose wiring, or missing ground somewhere when I removed the electrical fuse box. Am I looking in the right direction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tore back down to verify timing. It looks like when I replaced the cam phasers (cam sprockets). I bought all the same part number (all exhaust). I did not know there were three different part numbers. I just got my new Intake phasers yesterday. I will update after I install them. I did try rolling the motor over by hand without the plugs and it rotates fine. I also doubled checked for bent valves. They are OK. It was weird the chains and all, lined up accordingly. I was concerned after finding this that I would have bent valves. Doesn't seem the case. Maybe this will do it. I know they all talk to the cam position sensors. The phasers all reading exhaust on the strike probably was screwing up the computer......

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
looking forward to hearing if the right part #s used -solves it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts