GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried starting 2009 GMC Acadia after not using it for a month. The car started and stopped by itself. Tried again to start but no cranking. The battery seems to be ok . Fuel is there. Exchanged the relays with each other. The battery starts the dials and gauges but does not go to crank(self). Plz advise

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It still could be the battery or corrosion on the battery cables. Have you tried jumping the battery with another?

The battery is likely discharged enough that it does not have suffcient charge after sitting for so long. Use of a battery maintainer (not charger) would help.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yep, have battery load tested. How old is the battery? Any time I leave a vehicle that long I hook up my battery tender.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the jumper. Later charged the battery for an hour as well. Still the same. The battery health in the car meter is satisfactory. Also the battery color is good for the battery health.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Isn't the car gauge more about the charging system status? Anyway, I'll stick with recommending a load test...

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
P.S. age of battery...?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Tried the jumper. Later charged the battery for an hour as well. Still the same. The battery health in the car meter is satisfactory. Also the battery color is good for the battery health.
As above. ..the reading of the battery voltage on the car display does not reveal ability to start and run.
If it does not even crank. . . there is a problem with cable connection or the battery itself.
Get a load tester on the battery.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Swap the CRNK relay with another and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
OP states he swapped relays in Post #1.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I would suspect after sitting a month the battery needs to be fully charged. Putting it on a charger for an hour is not enough.

Depending on the age of the battery, it may be time for a new one.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Agree . . OP keeps going by what the vehicle reading on the instrument panel shows.
And, even after a recharge may still be too weak to start.
That . . and hopefully with all the fiddling with charging and jumping it didn't result in damaging something else electrical or electronic in the Acadia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts