GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Just bought a 2008 SLT-2, Liquid Silver Metallic on May 26. We've driven it about 650 miles, and I just checked the oil land fluid levels on my last fill up. When I had the hood up, I noticed that the lettering on the plastic engine cover was gray rather than red. I thought I recall that it was red when I looked under the hood when buying, but now I think I might just be remembering pictures I saw online while researching the car. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't seem likely the paint would have come off so quickly, so I'm wondering if I didn't just get an engine cover that didn't receive paint on the lettering.

No big deal either way, but I'm curious. Love the truck so far, we've had a very positive experience from day one.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I've wondered about this too. My lettering is gray as well.

·
Registered
730 Posts
just checked mine..it's RED[/color]

·
Registered
73 Posts
kram - theirs seem to be 2008s. Yours is a 2007.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
730 Posts
lagunasrfr said:
kram - theirs seem to be 2008s. Yours is a 2007.
yeah, when I read the first 3 posts with 2008 models I was curious what was the color of the lettering on a 2007, although I somehow remember it was red.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 2007 has red lettering. Which is flaking off. So, I shall soon have grey lettering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts