GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was travelling down I-95 last sunday with all the snow and salt splattered all over my windshield. Then my wiper fluid ran out. I finish the trip with several stops to clean my windshield. I was looking at the manual and it was indicated that DIC should display "WIPER FLUID LOW ADD FLUID" message. In my case, it did not. Have any of you added wiper fluid yet? At what level should the DIC message turn on?
So, I added wiper fluid today and thought I would just check the engine coolant level. I was surprised to find it was at an extremely very low level ???
I consulted the manual:
When the engine is cold, the coolant level should
be at least up to the FULL COLD mark. If it is not,
you may have a leak at the pressure cap or in the
radiator hoses, heater hoses, radiator, water pump
or somewhere else in the cooling system.
If there seems to be no leak, with the engine on,
check to see if the electric engine cooling fans are
running. If the engine is overheating, both fans
should be running. If they are not, your vehicle
needs service.

Has anyone added engine coolant yet? Appreciate your inputs.
I will call the service department shortly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Didn't have to refill my washer reservoir yet, but did add some coolant - I'd say around two cups worth to get it back up to normal. However, this drop in coolant level coincided with an extreme drop in air temperature...it's consisently well below freezing now where I live and this is typical (contraction/expansion of the coolant). If you just need to add a little to bring things back up to normal level it's likely nothing to worry about. If you can't even see it in the fill tank, I'd peek underneath and see if there are obvious signs of reddish-orange coolant leakage.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm bringing it in tomorrow. Service advisor did not rule out that there might be a leak.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got a 'washer fluid low - add washer fluid" from the DIC. When I did add washer fluid it took a whole gallon container.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added almost a gallon and like what I said, no message from the DIC...also, no wiper fluid at all.

So, I just came from service. Advisor told me to come back again once I ran out again to see if the message is there. They did not do anything at all.
For the engine coolant, they did not add or do anything because it is deemed NORMAL for that low level. ???
Oh, well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What seems unfortunate is that you really can't tell if the washer fluid level is low from looking under the hood -- all you can see is the washer fluid tank filler neck. So you're really dependent on the DIC notification, but from what folks are saying, it comes on only when the washer fluid level is extremely low. Is this right?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I fill the tank when the wiper fluid warning comes on the DIC, I cannot squeeze a full bottle in; even after a few wipe cycles.

I'd get service to check the fluid sensor.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
zelek...do you have an Acadia? What is with the web site address?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:sosad:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
OOHHH BOY!!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Murdock said:
zelek...do you have an Acadia? What is with the web site address?
this has been addressed will wait for a response and then take action if needed.
Thank you members[/color] BONK1313

1 - 12 of 12 Posts