GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Acadia bogs down when turning left and then kicks back in once I become straight again. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be from

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Now that is about as strange a problem as I have ever heard. Anxiously awaiting answers.

Does the speed at which you are turning matter? What about how full your fuel tank is? How sharp a turn?

George

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've heard of it in carbureted cars but never in fuel injected ones. Would have to suspect that either the fuel line is somehow being pinched or something is amiss with the fuel pickup in the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't matter which speed I'm turning at. It still does it when the fuel tank is full. I will have to check on the fuel lines or bring it to a mechanic to check the tank I guess.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
this thread sounds familiar.....

I think someone posted about this before...

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Go check your oil level...
make sure its up to the hashed area...

Im thinking youre low on oil-- and when you turn left--- well-- the little oil you have left--- sloshes to one side...

or your oil is dirty....

an oil change may be needed....

·
Registered
807 Posts
What does engine bogs down mean in the context of your problem?

I find it more likely that the stability system is applying the brakes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re:

There is still some information that seems to be missing here. What is your oil level? What is the level of your fuel tank? Also, does it sound like the engine is actually not getting fuel or ignition, or does it just sounds like it's being placed under alot of load? I'd check your power steering fluid level as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
guess he has not been back...
we may never know.

hit and run poster?

there has been other post about turning left and issues popping up. usually oil related.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
rbarrios said:
there has been other post about turning left and issues popping up. usually oil related.
Not on this forum! Only steering noises and such.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
andyw715 said:
Does it happen in park (just turning the wheel)?
from the link above--- poster said- turning right, reverse, or standing still and turning wheel= no issue. only when turning left.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Here's exactly what the OP said:

Abryant1183 said:
It doesn't matter which speed I'm turning at. It still does it when the fuel tank is full. I will have to check on the fuel lines or bring it to a mechanic to check the tank I guess.

BTW RB, that link you posted is about some strange noise(s) - not about a car bogging down. :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
low acceleration while giving it gas- sounds like its bogging down to me.

"Accelerating from a stop, reverse or even turning right seemed to have no effect but when I turned left, I experienced an engine revving sound and whirling sound as you described. the vehicle would barely accelerate until I straightened the wheel, then it would catch up."

the op describes similar issue

"My 2009 Acadia bogs down when turning left and then kicks back in once I become straight again. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be from"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I wonder if the original poster's Acadia is all wheel drive or front wheel drive???

Something is coming back to me about a problem I once had in my 2004 Acura MDX. When turning left (and only when turning left) I had a problem. I cannot remember exactly what the problem was.

The Acura dealer wanted $3000 to replace the differential. Took it to an independent and he discovered a Tech Service Bulletin that said to change the differential oil. There had apparently been a problem with the oil in a certain period.

Oil was changed and problem went away.

Just cannot remember what the symptoms of the problem were. Old age does bad things to memory!!!

George

·
Registered
1 Posts
low acceleration while giving it gas- sounds like its bogging down to me.

"Accelerating from a stop, reverse or even turning right seemed to have no effect but when I turned left, I experienced an engine revving sound and whirling sound as you described. the vehicle would barely accelerate until I straightened the wheel, then it would catch up."

the op describes similar issue

"My 2009 Acadia bogs down when turning left and then kicks back in once I become straight again. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be from"
Yes I have experienced it with my 2009 GMC Acadia

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Yes I have experienced it with my 2009 GMC Acadia
Welcome to the forum.
This is a 3+ year-old thread with no apparent solution posted to it. Are you seeking answers to the problem you're experiencing with your car?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing