GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read many of the other threads, thank you everyone for the tips. There seem to be a lot of difference prices for similarly equipped Arcadia's. But... I am still learning these things- hence the reason for this post- so maybe I missed something.

I live in 60031, and looking at a 2009 GMC Arcadia SLT2 AWD in Summit White with Ebony and the following options:
* Technology Package
* Sykscape Sunroof.
* Navigation
* Rear DVD (ceiling mounted, not the two headrest)
* Remote Start
* Keeping standard 2 captains chairs, not downgrading to the bench

GMC Owner site puts me at $40,267 (Would't quality for that), Edmonds has me at $46,570 MSRP/$43,030 Invoice/$43,486 "What others are paying". But they only calculated $750 in incentives on this price but I have read $2,500 is avail for my 60031 area. And then there is the gmspringoffers.com but I don't know how you would get access to that.

Is getting out at the GMC owner price of $40,267 or a little over expecting too much? I realize the dealer has to make a buck, but I am stretching to be able to afford this car and with them having so much inventory now sure if they are happy to just get one off their lot. What should I pay?

Last question- can someone clear up all the contradictions on the cooling seats? Half of what I read says they are part of the SLT2, and the other half has them as an option. Edmonds even lists them as an $650 MSRP option (I WANT the cooling seats, loved them during the test drive! I did not include this in my numbers above) but no other sites list that as something you have to pay for and even on the GMC site when you build the Arcadia SLT2 it doesnt come up. And none of the descriptions list them as being included in some other package. Really confused on this.

So happy I found this site. Thank you everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can clear up the cooled seats right away. They are an option, and only available on the SLT2. They have to actually be ordered (at least as of last fall) as an interior trim code for the perforated leather, which then gets you the cooled seats.

Looking at your post, I am figuring this is an existing vehicle vs one you would order. As for your best deal, you have some excellent baseline numbers in hand. What does the dealer want?

What I've read here about the GM Spring Offers is there is a PIN sent to owners in the mail. I never got one, so maybe it is people that have owned for a while.

If you are ordering, you are at the mercy of the existing offers when the vehicle is delivered. The best practice I've seen here is to negotiate a price based on the invoice. Make sure it includes ALL dealer and ad fees! Even if the dealer tells you they don't have any, this could change, so get anything as far as a price in writing. The price of the vehicle could go up as well (one wouldn't think so with the cost cutting, but like the price of oil vs gas prices there is not always a direct relationship of the two).

If you haven't done so yet, read the Blues Clues post linked in my signature below. It has some helpful links for pricing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can't answer the cooling seats question, but with regard to pricing, it seems as though somewhere beween $40,500 and $42,500 would be a very good price. Of course, it all comes down to what you're comfortable paying and what features you want. In my area, dealers are low on supply, and the fact that GM has significantly cut production of Acadias doesn't help from a buyers standpoint, despite the overall dire situation.

But it never hurts to try. There's no downside to going in and offering the $40,267 and negotiating from there. The GMSpringoffers.com promotion seems to be only available to current GM owners (somewhat silly - this is the first GM I have ever considered...you'd think they would make it more widely available).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I can clear up the cooled seats right away. They are an option, and only available on the SLT2. They have to actually be ordered (at least as of last fall) as an interior trim code for the perforated leather, which then gets you the cooled seats.

Looking at your post, I am figuring this is an existing vehicle vs one you would order. As for your best deal, you have some excellent baseline numbers in hand. What does the dealer want?

What I've read here about the GM Spring Offers is there is a PIN sent to owners in the mail. I never got one, so maybe it is people that have owned for a while.

If you are ordering, you are at the mercy of the existing offers when the vehicle is delivered. The best practice I've seen here is to negotiate a price based on the invoice. Make sure it includes ALL dealer and ad fees! Even if the dealer tells you they don't have any, this could change, so get anything as far as a price in writing. The price of the vehicle could go up as well (one wouldn't think so with the cost cutting, but like the price of oil vs gas prices there is not always a direct relationship of the two).

If you haven't done so yet, read the Blues Clues post linked in my signature below. It has some helpful links for pricing.
Thanks Blue for the reply!

On the cooled seats.... guess that means I need to fort out some more$$$. That sucks but they felt great on the test drive. Do I also need to get the upgraded leather option (you mentioned perforated leather) and pay for that in addition to the cooled seats?

Spoke with the dealer and drove the car, but don't have a specific "actual" if that makes sense. I have a couple dealerships who have a boatload of these, and in my naive mind I thought I was ordering a standard config and it is probably on a lot somewhere close- maybe not, havent gotten that far with the dealer yet. which brings me to the second point- we havent spoken about price yet. I want to be prepared, offer an aggressive (but fair) amount and if I am going to buy this car get the deal done withing wasting too much of anyone's time. So, I came here to prepare first.

I'll read the Blues article you referenced tomorrow. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bj

You have definitely come to the right place for info and Blue is a trusted and valued member; there are a lot of experienced members here that will steer you in the right direction. Use the search feature to help with any questions. Good luck with the bidding and if you buy make sure you post some pics ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
You're welcome.

The cooled seats actually encompass two option codes (the seats themselves and the perforated leather), but are only one price. The SLT2 includes leather as part of the package, so you don't pay for it twice.

Look for the online order/reference guide for the Acadia towards the bottom of Blues Clues. You have to go through a few steps to create a PDF, but then this can be saved to your computer and you can have fun learning the option codes. This has nothing to do with prices- none are listed- but it will show you what you get/can get with each model/trim level. We have recently learned it is far more accurate than the 2009 dealer brochure and it will be more accurate than even GMC's website since this info seems to be updated regularly and more quickly.

There are a few "standard" configurations for the three trim levels, but I don't recall where I saw the link for it. We had to custom order ours because we wanted cooled seats and 8 passenger seating- I'd say at the time 99% of the SLT2 models had 7 passenger seating.

When we were shopping for a 2008 model initially, the only one optioned as we wanted it was in Montana (this took days of Google, Auto Trader, and related searches to find). It was AWD so it still wasn't what we wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts