GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is the best news I have heard all day, I mean week, I mean month....Well, you get the idea.

My 2009 order (should be at the dealers sometime this week) just got a couple thousand $ cheaper! :blob: :blob: :beer: :beer: :blob: :blob:

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK-OK-OK this is really fantastic news....But, we already know invoice prices, etc., so how do we know what employee pricing is except what the dealer tells us??????????

As an example---if my 2009 Acadia invoices for $41318 (per Edmonds, Cars.com, etc) what should my employee approx. pricing be???

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...... :beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BiggieBoy said:
OK-OK-OK this is really fantastic news....But, we already know invoice prices, etc., so how do we know what employee pricing is except what the dealer tells us??????????

As an example---if my 2009 Acadia invoices for $41318 (per Edmonds, Cars.com, etc) what should my employee approx. pricing be???

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...... :beer:
Any reputable dealer should show you the GM printout they have that lists the MSRP, invoice, supplier, and GMS prices. Employee pricing is the GMS price.
Also, click on the original link above, and you can see the price on an SLT without options, at least, to get an idea of what yours will cost.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
ARGH... *I will not trade my Acadia for a new one... I will not trade my Acadia for a new one*

Maybe if I keep telling myself that enough, I'll listen. My boyfriend just commented the other day how I never keep a new vehicle for very long and I assured him that I would definitely hold onto my Acadia.

I'm surprised that they are extending the offer to the '09s. Guess they really want to push sales, eh?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Web Raven said:
ARGH... *I will not trade my Acadia for a new one... I will not trade my Acadia for a new one*

Maybe if I keep telling myself that enough, I'll listen. My boyfriend just commented the other day how I never keep a new vehicle for very long and I assured him that I would definitely hold onto my Acadia.

I'm surprised that they are extending the offer to the '09s. Guess they really want to push sales, eh?
You should try the new Acadia on for size, I belive you can feel the power and the bluetooth rocks. I'm just glad I already got GMS pricing on mine and not GM Supplier like I was going to use. I would be so pissed right now if I didn't get GMS.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
That is really great pricing!!

Web Raven said:
assured him that I would definitely hold onto my Acadia.
Web Raven, technically if you trade the 07 on an 09 you are still holding on to an "Acadia" It just got a new birthday, it is a born again Acadia!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got this news from my dealer also. It made my day. Mine is being built next week. He said I should save 800-1000.00 off the original price he quoted me. I also only got charged the 735. destination fee. He gave me everything in writing and said it will be lower when he gets the employee pricing. :blob:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Web Raven, technically if you trade the 07 on an 09 you are still holding on to an "Acadia" It just got a new birthday, it is a born again Acadia!
Well, if this is all my Acadia is worth, I'm stuck with it forever and ever because I know I owe way more than that on it. *sigh* It's okay. It just furthers my assurance to my boyfriend that I will not trade in my Acadia. haha

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
GREAT NEWS! I hope..............

Last I heard from the dealer, the TPW (i.e., build date) on my Acadia is 9/8/08. Does anyone out there have a feel for how long after TPW it takes for the Acadia to actually arrive at the dealership? I wish there was some way I could lock in the employee pricing, but I'm pretty sure that I'll only be able to reap the benefits of the pricing/rebates that exist at the time my Acadia arrives at the dealership.

GM usually extends the deadline of various sales pitches,then extends the deadline again, then again, etc..........with any luck, employee pricing will get extended through October too. That way I'd definitely be covered. :angel:

·
Registered
117 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
GREAT NEWS! I hope..............

Last I heard from the dealer, the TPW (i.e., build date) on my Acadia is 9/8/08. Does anyone out there have a feel for how long after TPW it takes for the Acadia to actually arrive at the dealership?

FYI--My Acadia was built on 8/25 and shipped on 8/26. As of now---I have yet to hear from my dealer regarding delivery.... ::)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Web Raven said:
bonk1313 said:
Well, if this is all my Acadia is worth, I'm stuck with it forever and ever because I know I owe way more than that on it. *sigh* It's okay. It just furthers my assurance to my boyfriend that I will not trade in my Acadia. haha
Web Raven, check out the pricing on NADA. This is what a lot of dealers (and banks) actually use to determine vehicle values. I recently traded in my '08 SLT1 ($349xx sticker, but only paid $311xx for it) and got $27500 as the trade-in value. I didn't think that this was too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
GREAT NEWS!  I hope..............

Last I heard from the dealer, the TPW (i.e., build date) on my Acadia is 9/8/08.  Does anyone out there have a feel for how long after TPW it takes for the Acadia to actually arrive at the dealership?  I wish there was some way I could lock in the employee pricing, but I'm pretty sure that I'll only be able to reap the benefits of the pricing/rebates that exist at the time my Acadia arrives at the dealership.

GM usually extends the deadline of various sales pitches,then extends the deadline again, then again, etc..........with any luck, employee pricing will get extended through October too.  That way I'd definitely be covered. :angel:
Figure 1-2 weeks to make it to the dealer after it is built, it may be more or less but 1-2 weeks is a typical timeframe.  Your TPW indicates it should be built next week sometime (it's a target production week).  However, if it looks like it won't arrive at the dealership in time, you can complete the paperwork as soon as the vehicle is built and invoiced to the dealer, before it is even shipped.  Your dealer will get an invoice for the vehicle from GM with the VIN# that can be used to complete all the sales paperwork.  The only drawback is that you are buying the vehicle sight-unseen. 

I did this for my Silverado last year to get in on the 0% financing incentive at the time without any problems.  You still can make them fix anything that needs to be done before you take delivery (e.g., our Acadia showed up at the dealer with a nice big door ding on the driver's door, but they pulled it out and we can't tell there was even a dent).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Good one Bonk!

Web Raven said:
A couple of things to add:
1) They don't have a "Web Celebrity" value category. Once word gets out who used to own this one, expect the value to double.
2) With your new mod job, you should be pulling down 100 large easily, no worries!

That '09 Crimson Metallic fully loaded AWD is as good as in your driveway.
;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks a bunce GeoHawk!!! I'll contact my dealer to discuss this option. :thumb:

Biggie, please post as soon as you take delivery so I can get a gauge on the timeframe frame build to delivery.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can't find any place that says the GMS pricing is now good for the 2009 Acadia. As for the one that just expired, there were only a few 2009's that got GMS pricing and Acadia wasn't one that I can see.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
xseler said:
Web Raven said:
bonk1313 said:
Web Raven, check out the pricing on NADA. This is what a lot of dealers (and banks) actually use to determine vehicle values. I recently traded in my '08 SLT1 ($349xx sticker, but only paid $311xx for it) and got $27500 as the trade-in value. I didn't think that this was too bad.
NADA came back with $22,400 trade-in or $25,750 retail. That's still not enough to justify trading it in. I paid roughly $30K for it and unfortunately rolled another $4K into that loan from the loss on my previous trade-in. Considering I've only made 18 months worth of payments on a 6 year loan, it's silly for me to even pretend I could afford to trade it in on an '09. Besides, I have to consider that Camaro that I want to get in 2010. ;)

Maybe I can have my Acadia repainted Crimson Metallic instead? ;D How much would that cost?

·
Registered
427 Posts
MKA said:
I can't find any place that says the GMS pricing is now good for the 2009 Acadia. As for the one that just expired, there were only a few 2009's that got GMS pricing and Acadia wasn't one that I can see.
Right at the bottom of this page: http://www.gm.com/summersale/summersale.do?brandId=gm&cmp=GMdotcom_offers_banner

Interesting to note that the Traverse is not included ....

Disclosures: 2009 models include Chevy HHR, Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, Equinox, Avalanche, Silverado, Buick Enclave, Pontiac G5, G6, Vibe, G8, Solstice, Torrent, GMC Acadia, Sierra, Saturn Aura, SKY, OUTLOOK, Cadillac CTS, SRX, DTS, STS, HUMMER H2 and H3. At participating dealers only. Take delivery by 9/30/08. See dealer for details.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MKA said:
how bout this

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts