GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Thanks. My dealer is in British Columbia, Canada. I will let the forum know if and when I receive reimbursement. Kind regards.
Hopefully the dealer will honor or help with the repair cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer has told me that the electronic shift control assembly on my 2017 Acadia is not covered by power train warranty or My extended bumper to bumper five year coverage. Is this true?
Regards.
I had mine fixed. It was covered through warranty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's not true. My son is a service advisor. He will go out of his way to get repairs covered under warranty. His quarterly bonus depends on happy customers.

The challenge comes with many of the third party warranty companies. Some can make claim approval very challenging. Way too many gray areas.

I won't drive a daily driver not covered under warranty and it's going to be the best factory backed warranty available.
Note my comment was some shops not all.

I believe you are reasonable enough to agree there some very good dealers and some very bad.

As for extended warranties if you run the numbers and odds generally you come out on the short end. Neutral for some the they feel better not having to think about it and that is fine and a personal choice.

The bottom line is this the extended warranty is a bet that the covering company will not pay out more than they take in. This is why many dealers and companies focus on these as they are good Profit items be it GM, Best Buy’s or other company.

There is no argument just point of view and personal choice.

Note I have seen a ton of good and bad dealers on the GM 8 speed transmissions. The GM TSB said to flush the transmissions under warranty if the driver complains about Shudder. Yet some dealers have turned away under warranty customers while others like mine did the flush with no questions

Not all dealers are good and not all are bad just some.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts