GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone's instrument panel electroluminescent lighting (speedo, tach, etc) seem a little too dim even when turned up to full intensity at night? On mine, the DIC lighting is noticeably brighter than the backlit gauge lighting when the intensity is turned all the way up. The backlit gauges seem to be much brighter at full intensity in my wife's Enclave. I was just wondering if this is just the way it is in the Acadia, or if there is an issue with mine. Not a big deal, but I am anal and I noticed it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
must be something wrong with yours, my friends have made comments like "your dash is so bright red it look like the gates of hell" >:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was mainly talking about the white backlit numbers on the speedo, tach, etc. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if the DIC white didn't seem much brighter than the backlit numbers, which makes it stand out.....when I crank down the intensity everything balances out better.

I know what you are talking about with the red on the center stack. It is overwhelming after coming from the "cool blue-green" in my wife's Enclave......but I traded in a Pontiac, so I was kinda used to "gates of hell" on my center stack, LOL. >:D :angryfire: I like that the acadia has white on the radio panel and white behind the ip numbers as the ALL red in the Pontiac was way too overwhelming.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Our gauges seem to be plenty bright at night. It does appear that the DIC might be just a little brighter, but it's not too noticeable. Could just be normal variation, maybe?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Maybe I'm just not too observant, but when I looked at ours, it all seemed to be balanced just right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts