GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone forund one on the internet?

I put in an amp and now my dinger alert and my turn signal sounds are amplified...

anyone else had this problem? I did some searches and found nothing

Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you used a line converter from the factory speaker wires to give you the RCA jack connections for the amp there is nothing you can do. The dinger sounds are built into the radio. I have the same problem with my Silverado, i have just learned to live with it because I dont want to change the head unit out.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The BCM (body control module) generates the turn signal clicks, seatbelt chime, etc. and sends them through the radio to the speakers. dfrank78's right, short of replacing the head unit I don't know what else can be done. You might check with your dealer to see if these sounds can be turned off. I don't know if any aftermarket radio shops have programmers that can change the BCM settings or not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if one new the input wire to the radio from the BCM, couldn't it be cut and the signal would stop there.....?

·
Registered
246 Posts
shot_1 said:
if one new the input wire to the radio from the BCM, couldn't it be cut and the signal would stop there.....?
I don't think its that simple. If I'm not mistaken, the radio and the various other components communicate with
each other using the gmlan data bus, so I would assume that the signals to generate chimes, etc are sent on this
bus and not on dedicated wire connecting the BCM to the radio.

·
Registered
423 Posts
GeoHawk said:
The BCM (body control module) generates the turn signal clicks, seatbelt chime, etc. and sends them through the radio to the speakers. dfrank78's right, short of replacing the head unit I don't know what else can be done. You might check with your dealer to see if these sounds can be turned off. I don't know if any aftermarket radio shops have programmers that can change the BCM settings or not.
are you sure? i was told that the programming is in the head, that it communicates with the bcm, but that it is the unit itself that gets programmed for the sounds.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm pretty sure the actual sound is generated in the Head Unit. What is sent over the GM Data Bus is just a signal to tell the head unit to output the sound and what sound to output.
linux is also correct in saying that it is not a single wire that carries a signal for a certain BCM input it is actually a single "wire"/bus that carries all of the signals to the BCM. So if you cut the wire that carries the door open signal you would be cutting the wire that carries all of the signals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts