GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a 2012 SLT. After it was sitting parked for a few days, I noticed the battery was dead. Fully charged it and had it tested at AutoZone, no issues found.

I connected a multimeter and noticed a 3.5-4A draw for a few minutes after the car is locked, which then drops down to ~190mA after several minutes, and then eventually 10-15mA. I observed for some time and noticed it spiking back to 3.5-3.7A. I started pulling fuses and ruled out everything in the fuse box under the hood. I then tested the fuses to the right of the glovebox. I've narrowed it down to these two:

15A HVAC - draws 3.5A repeatedly
15A INADV/PWR/LED - draws 180mA, then stops

Other symptoms:
When the key is in the on position (engine not running), there's a high pitched electrical hum from the ECM

Dome lights are always on when any door is opened. The override button does not have any effect.

After pulling the 15A CTSY (courtesy) fuse, dome lights remain off. They can still be turned on manually by pushing the buttons next to each light, but turning the brightness knob all the way clockwise has no effect.

After pulling the 15A HVAC fuse, the HVAC controls do not respond (as expected), but the internal and keyfob liftgate controls no longer respond either. The lock/unlock buttons on the doors do nothing. The lock button on the keyfob does nothing, but the unlock button works normally.

After pulling the 25A DR/LCK fuse (15A HVAC fuse is back in), the liftgate works. Lock buttons on the doors and keyfob cause a relay click, but no lock movement. The unlock button does nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
A scan tool and diagnostic software would be helpful for tracking down the cause of those problems. A multimeter's use is limited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I do have a bluetooth ELM327 reader, but I'll see if I can get a hold of a proper scan tool.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out if any of the behavior I mentioned is normal so I can either rule it out as a problem or focus on that circuit to find a possible short, etc.

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
LOL The only one I'm sure about is the courtesy (dome) light override. I keep the courtesy lights turned off almost all the time. None of the lights should come on when the switch is turned off and a door is opened. That circuit might be problematic on your vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts