GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Acadia seems to be recognizing my key fobs less and less each day for the past week or so. It started with the first fob not being recognized. Now the second one is recognized sometimes and sometimes not. This last time I opened the door manually and had to put the fob into the holder in order to start the vehicle.

Also have had these issues:
-Left brake light on my trailer didn't work (tried changing that fuse with no luck).
-Now tonight all the lights on my trailer didn't work.
-Getting tire pressure and washer fluid warnings.

I have tried changing the batteries in the key fobs and have gone through the 30 minute process of re-synching them. After the process, the first one still didn't work and the second one was fine for a short while.

Any thoughts as to what is causing the problem?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Seems like a problem with the BCM. Diagnosing the cause would require someone with a proper scan tool and knowlege about how to use it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it worth trying to disconnect the car battery and see if that resets things?

Anything I need to worry about with this vehicle if I disconnect the battery? I know, for example, that some vehicles need a code for the radio if they have antitheft security.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Plenty of posts are on the forum about disconnecting the battery on the C1XX platform Acadia. I suggest you read them before deciding to DIY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns out that the key fob was just a battery issue. We tried a different pack of batteries for the key fobs and they worked.

I am still having issues with trailer lights though, which I now know is a separate issue. One of the 10 amp mini fuses for the brake/blinker lights was blown, and now a second fuse has blown as well. I'll swap the fuses, but I'm trying to avoid having those blow on my as well.

Is this a ground issue? Where can I look to check the ground? Would the ground be up by the battery or back by the hitch?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Is this a ground issue? Where can I look to check the ground? Would the ground be up by the battery or back by the hitch?
Seems as though there's a problem with the trailer, not the tow vehicle. It's probably a short-to-ground issue. You'll have to check power wires to the lights. Look for any that are pinched or chafed.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
My first guess would be a bad ground or a live wire grounding. If the trailer lights are LED's, I might also consider those as a possible issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't have troubles with the trailer with my old vehicle, thus I narrowed it down to the vehicle. When I was down to one good fuse, I was able to switch that fuse to run the other side and it worked. I'll try with the trailer and new fuses and see if that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts