GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had ongoing electrical issues with my 2007 Acadia -- Engine Hot Light would come on and then the air conditioning would shut off. During the summer time in Florida that's not a good thing at all. Had to enact the Lemon Law.

Love the vehicle and gave it another try because after owning various vehicles over the last 40 yrs. surely it couldn't happen again, right?? Wrong!! Now my 2008 Acadia is having similar electrical issues plus the engine and radio will keep running even after the key is removed. Now the Air Bag Off light is coming on intermittenly.

Help!! Is anyone else having these types of issues??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Charlie Rose recently interviewed GM's Wagner and Lutz, who stated that their recent and future emphasis is on styling — and the Volt, of course.

Ford, on the other hand, is staking its future on quality that they hope will surpass that of the Japanese. Today's Detroit News writes about one of they ways they are now implementing this policy. http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080902/AUTO01/809020317/1148

You pays yer money, you takes yer choice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have had no problems with my Acadia. There are always lemons with any manufacturer and it sounds like you are getting more than your fair share. Maybe the dealer you are buying from ticked someone off at GM....... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think if I remember correcly, some of these issues were due to
water leaks (sun roof I think).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Bob Alderman said:
Had ongoing electrical issues with my 2007 Acadia -- Engine Hot Light would come on and then the air conditioning would shut off. During the summer time in Florida that's not a good thing at all. Had to enact the Lemon Law.

Love the vehicle and gave it another try because after owning various vehicles over the last 40 yrs. surely it couldn't happen again, right?? Wrong!! Now my 2008 Acadia is having similar electrical issues plus the engine and radio will keep running even after the key is removed. Now the Air Bag Off light is coming on intermittenly.

Help!! Is anyone else having these types of issues??
I have not had any issues like this. I'm amazed you are seeing 2 with the same type issues. That sucks. It almost seems like they re badged your old one and gave it back. :mad:

·
Registered
427 Posts
The only thing I can add is that the radio is supposed to remain on after the key is turned off, until the door is opened.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I can't speak to the other stuff mentioned, but depending on how the vehicle was operated (load, lots of idling) on a really hot & humid Florida day it would be possible to overheat the motor & consequently shut off the AC (computer controlled).

The power on after key off is called "Retained Accessory Power" and has been used in GM cars for many years- my '95 and '97 Trans Ams both had it. As dmurphy said, it stays on until you open a door or 20 minutes have passed.

As with any defect, you should document how often it happens, as well as what the vehicle was doing at the time- cruising, hit a bump, etc. This can:
1) Help the tech to determine the causation, and
2) Support another lemon law case as may be needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts