GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are ordering our 09 in the next week and are debating ebony or titanium leather. I was just looking for pros and cons beyond the obvious heat issue with the ebony. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I know I'm going to get hassled for this, but here in Houston you can't feel a heat difference with the two. I use the remote start and it cools down before I get in. I wouldn't let heat choose the color. (I have ebony)

I like it even though I have tons of sandy stuff in the carpet. (My daughter rides horses and half the arena always comes home with us.) The leather itself has stayed new looking and clean. You don't get the marks that might show up on the titanium. However, both colors are great.

Good luck!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Love the look of titanium but went with ebony. Cant go wrong with ebony. Titanium is too easy to get dirty and leave stains. Search and you will find a few threads on here about how to get out blue jean dye, leater dye transfer etc.. If you can deal with the cleaning and really love titanium go for that. The practical choice is ebony. To me it looks great. I am used to black interiors. Not real hot up here in Seattle but I have not had any issues with hot seats.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wish we would have got the black but my wife wanted the other. :-\

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We ordered the titanium and love it. Yes, we have had to clean it and take care of it, but overall, it has been great. I had black before, and just got tired of the all dark interiors. It is my opinion that you should get the one you like the best.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the titanium, love it! The ebony is also great also, however it is not my preference.

You will have to care for either. The titanium may show stains more due to its lighter
texture, however there are cleaning agents available to deal with stains. Also several
helpful threads on this forum which address cleaning issues. Either choice you're buying
a great CUV. Good luck with your decision :thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
LOVE THE TITANIUM! :blob:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would get whatever you LOVE, and not worry about heat, dirt etc.....

I have Titanium, because I love the lightness of it,(Black too dark for me). Dust is great on titanium, can't see it at all..
But, go for what you really WANT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
coloradoGM said:
We are ordering our 09 in the next week and are debating ebony or titanium leather. I was just looking for pros and cons beyond the obvious heat issue with the ebony. Thanks for the help.
Colorado? After living there for six years, I wouldn't get anything BUT titanium...Or cashmere...if it was an option...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts