GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find an Acadia nearby that has the Ebony leather seats. I have looked through the pictures posted here, but I am still having a hard time pinning down the color. Is is really a black or more of a dark grey? Is the carpet the same color as in the titanium interior? TIA for any input!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd put it in the Charcoal category. It's certainly not black, but close.

The carpet is the same as far as I can tell. I test drove a titanium but bought an Ebony and the carpets looked the same to me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I concur with Pelle31's description. The Ebony leather definitely is not black, black in color. Also, not a shiny finish on the leather.

Yes, carpet is identical in titanium and ebony cars...and it is black on both.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ebony looks good. Does not show stains...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'd actually say ebony is a VERY dark chocolate color. It's not quite black, but tends more towards brown than gray, at least in direct sunlight. I was just at the dealership last Friday for my recall/tcm updates and they had 4 in stock, 2 titanium, 1 ebony, 1 orange

·
Registered
183 Posts
I never thought I would get a black interior on a car, a belief that was reinforced when we were looking for a Yukon for the wife, and saw the black - it was black black black. everything seemed like a vast empty blackness. not what we wanted.

So I surprised even myself when I went with the black (sorry - ebony) on the Acadia. I think the key to this, as well as to the overall Acadia great looks in ANY color - interior and exterior - is the use of contrasting colors and materials to make it look sharp. Sure the interior is black ebony, but as you noted it's not a pure pure black; plus, the headliner is more of a gray titanium, which makes the interior feel less oppressive. All the satin or polished aluminum/chrome also adds to this 'contrast', as does the 2-tone dash, and the use of lighter color grays here and there. I think this applies on the exterior as well - mine is Liquid Silver, but the use of black and chrome really dresses it up. This seems to work for a lot of the other colors too (besides the fact that some colors, like the Red Jewel, just stand out on their own).

Just my $.02 on why this vehicle has such curb appeal.

btw - went over 500 miles last week; at around 650 now, and opened her up on the highway, and it drives very nice at 85-90 or so (or so I've been told..... ::) )

·
Registered
497 Posts
admin said:
orange = brick? :)

Given your notation of Koons' stock, guess they haven't received the WDT and next RJT to come in (both ebony, I think)...I haven't received a call from the dealer that they've come in. But, given that there were 4, means 2 have left since Friday, 3/2.

Hmmm, I guess I need to go look at mine again...I have never thought to use the "dark chocolate" descriptor...but that's close. Funny, the ebony is just a bit darker than the ebony/dark gray that Audi uses, but smoother finish in the Acadia. I'm really impressed how supple the leather is. But, then, THIS American vehicle continues to impress me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have an Ebony interior with white exterior. I'm still amazed at how much I like the looks of this vehicle. I don't care for the black carpet but my wife loves it. The Ebony interior does help accent the rest of the trim or should I say, they complement each other.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Acadia4VA - Doh! Brick, yes, I drew a blank on that color name when writing that post. First one I had seen in person - it was ok, but not my thing (like someone else said, too "busy" with all the colors). I had my camera with me ready to snap the first pics of a WDT, but it was nowhere to be found. I did take pics of the 4 they had, but haven't bothered to post since there's nothing new in them - we've all seen White, Red, Brown and Blue before.

In my opinion, the ebony looks good, does the best job of hiding the floor rails, but after sitting in both side by side, nothing compares to the titanium. It just looks fantastic. just like the exterior colors, you really need to see them in person and spend at least 5 minutes inside each to really appreciate the differences. I don't think pictures really do them justice (I don't remember pics being such poor representatives of other cars colors like they seem to be on the Acadias... weird).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Okay, I'm glad to see someone describe Black Ebony as "dark chocolate", because I thought I was going crazy -- every time I see the front door panels in the sunlight, I swear I can see dark brown there.

I wondered if I was seeing some of the exterior colour and my eyes were just playing tricks on me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts