GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have the Ebony Cloth material.....have you been happy with your choice. Has the cloth held up well? I always thought I wanted leather but the more I look at the cloth, I like it....plus I also like the money I would be saving in the process. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
I'm pleased with mine. The color seems fine. I've had the vehicle since March and it's been through 15,000+ miles of road trips so far. It's endured my two Australian Cattle Dogs and the "poop incident" which I guess actually took place on the carpeting. LOL I've had it filled with teenagers and adults on many occasions. It still looks the same as the day I brought it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
Cloth for us over many years. Never had to worry about tears, worn spots, accidental poked holes....etc. We keep vehicles for average 6+ years. SAVED money goes into interational 401K stocks.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
RedRooster said:
For those of you that have the Ebony Cloth material.....have you been happy with your choice. Has the cloth held up well? I always thought I wanted leather but the more I look at the cloth, I like it....plus I also like the money I would be saving in the process. :)
I have the cloth also. It is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I bought the SLE because it had cloth seats. I have had many cars with leather and I used to prefer it, but with todays synthetic's used in the cloth I have found it superior to leather in durability. Leather even if properly maintained starts to look old after a few years, but cloth can look almost new if you don't have a lot of stains. If you like to eat in the car and have spills, leather probably would be the better choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Hurray for the cloth !
With two dogs a little suction and a damp rag usually takes it back to close to "showroom".
The best part is the lack of temperature change. My one experience with leather brings back memories of hot, sticky and sweaty shirts all summer. The A/C cant get between you and the seat back.

Leather has looks that are enviable, but for utility the cloth is way ahead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hi,
I have only had my Adacia 1 week and it has Ebony cloth and I wanted to to keep my payment fairly low so I went with cloth this time. Every vehicle I ever owned had leather but I am very impressed with the new style cloth. I talked with my buddy who is a designer at the GM Tech center in Warren Mi. and he adivsed me that the cloth seats of today are not like the cloth from 5 years ago or even like the cloth on the new Envoy. The cloth in the Acadia is a very tightly woven fabric and it does not hold the dust like old cloth seat. Remember the days of hitting your cloth seat and seeing a cloud of dust come out of them. The new seats dont tend to do that. Quite honestly these seats are so comfortable I feel like I am sitting at home on my Lazy-Boy recliner thats how comfortable they are. The only thing I did was take the car to a detail shop and spray the seat with a commercial grade of Scotch Gaurd. They bead water like crazy and wont stain now. The best thing is they are no where near as cold in the wintertime as the leather plus you dont have to wait for them to heat up.
Good Luck
MA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I have the light colored cloth, and man oh man do i hate it, a drop of rain when you open the door stains them, mind you i also had the problem where the dealer replaced the outer weatherstripping and adjusted the doors to seal tighter because my passenger side wasa leaking when it rained. i have phoned around and im trying to either get a black cloth interior or else leather interior, leather will put me down approx CDN1995.00$ but im thinking itll be worth it for all the times i have to not clean the seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Rumpamuro said:
I have the light colored cloth, and man oh man do i hate it, a drop of rain when you open the door stains them, mind you i also had the problem where the dealer replaced the outer weatherstripping and adjusted the doors to seal tighter because my passenger side wasa leaking when it rained. i have phoned around and im trying to either get a black cloth interior or else leather interior, leather will put me down approx CDN1995.00$ but im thinking itll be worth it for all the times i have to not clean the seats.
I also have the light Titanium Cloth interior. The seats are fine...not much problem with staining...except when my daughter spits her milk all over the back seat, but I agree that the floor mats are horrible. We have actually been thinking of trying to get the Ebony floor mats to replace the Titanium ones. I know this would look rather strange, but it would eliminate the need to either live with stained floor mats or scrub them once a month.

Is it possible to buy a set of Ebony floor mats from a dealer? Does anyone know how much that would cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
My brother in law had some company come in and die their entire carpet in the house from a light gray to a really dark gray. It looked like new carpet when they were done. I wonder if I could get that done in the Acadia with the light gray carpet.

Or maybe do it ourself?? http://www.customfinishes.com/Vinyl-Carpet-Dye.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
soykmw said:
Rumpamuro said:
I have the light colored cloth, and man oh man do i hate it, a drop of rain when you open the door stains them, mind you i also had the problem where the dealer replaced the outer weatherstripping and adjusted the doors to seal tighter because my passenger side wasa leaking when it rained. i have phoned around and im trying to either get a black cloth interior or else leather interior, leather will put me down approx CDN1995.00$ but im thinking itll be worth it for all the times i have to not clean the seats.
I also have the light Titanium Cloth interior. The seats are fine...not much problem with staining...except when my daughter spits her milk all over the back seat, but I agree that the floor mats are horrible. We have actually been thinking of trying to get the Ebony floor mats to replace the Titanium ones. I know this would look rather strange, but it would eliminate the need to either live with stained floor mats or scrub them once a month.

Is it possible to buy a set of Ebony floor mats from a dealer? Does anyone know how much that would cost?

I have seen some OEM Ebony floor mats for sale on Ebay fron time to time and they were very reasonable however I ordered the Husky Liners for mine and that really is the best solution. 1st row, 2nd row, and rear cargo Husky's will cost you about $225.00 but let me tell you nothing protects the carpet like they do and 5 years down the road when you take them out the carpet looks like day 1.
MA
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top