GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)
Ok, Have hid h/l and 3157 clear oem in drl / High Beam spot. Installed the Amber LED's[/color] today found that if you take off the upper air filter housing this makes it rear easy to get to the driver side back of h/l. on the pass side, still a bit tight but workable, just pop off cover of fuse block behind rt h/l, then there are several clips you press to release block from base and you can slide the block back and toward the engine to gain access to back of right h/l. Hope this helps. I did this to install the led and took about 30 mins max including figuring out how to gain access from above and all the darn screws holding on the air box cover!!! I will get some post up for the amber led drl asap. Thanks. :blob:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Pics will help; another way to R2 headlamps besides taking off the wheel will be very useful

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics on the way

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
:clap:  Yes need pics of this.  Sounds sooooo much easier instead of the way the GM knotheads have you going through the wheelwell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as soon as the weather breaks again I will get photos..

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Dwight said:
Weather still must be bad. The top description looks fairly simple.
:rofl:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Removing the wheel and inner fender is not as bad as some make it out to be. When you go thru the wheel well the lights are staring you in the face.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just cranked the wheel all the way over and easily removed the wheel liner. Worked ok. But agreed that with the wheel gone, its a snap!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The weather in PA must still be bad :-\

·
Registered
624 Posts
It is not really that easy to access from the top. Believe me, I looked and thought about it. As most people here know, the easiest way is through the wheel well with the tires OFF. It may seem intimidating at first, but I did it today to access my high beams (which are the hardest of all to access) and it only took about 1 hour. With the tires and fender liner off, everything is right in front of you and easily accessible. If only I had a lift in my garage, then it would have REALLY been easy! :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the tires rotated the other day at my local Kaufman Tire store. They where kind enough to replace the lamp for me while they had the tires off. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Dwight said:
I had the tires rotated the other day at my local Kaufman Tire store. They where kind enough to replace the lamp for me while they had the tires off. :cheers:
Nice :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't wait for Pics any longer. Here's a candid video of the whole procedure.

I just wanted to thank all the people contributing to this thread that I read all of your posts and performed this procedure while recording it with my IPhone 4. I was mainly thinking of inspiring those budding do-it-yourselfers that just need that extra inspiration to do this headlight bulb installation, but wanted to see it done first.

Please share your experiences as well if the videos have helped in any way.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=8457.0

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just replaced low beams on both sides on our 2009. I was able to get in by turning the wheels so the front of the tire was inward, then removing just the screws along the front side of the wheel well and underneath the front. I removed the bulb while the wiring was still attached, then I was able to get two hands in there to undo the connector.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did my DRL bulb (have HID's) on the passenger side a couple weeks aog, had no trouble. Did the same as Silver09, turned the wheel in, unscrewed the 5 or so screws, popped 3 of the plastic locking pins, reached in and undid the bulb first. Took less than 10 mins, I was worried it would take longer based on some of the experiences posted, had to do it before 5000km road trip ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts