GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how easy or difficult it is to install the factory roof cross rails? I have a hard time believing it's very hard, but the service dept quoted me 1h of labor - $90!

Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
294 Posts
The shop probably has a minimum charge of 1 hour labor for any job. I can't fathom that this job would be difficult.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do it yourself jobber. It took me less than 10 minutes...just pay attention to screw sizes, as there are 2 types that are similar.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, took no time at all. Not only are there different screws, there are those on the top that have hex lock out. Don't install them elsewhere. As noted above, full installation details and advice are on other threads in the forum. Please use the search function!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks for the responses and pointers to other threads. I'm not sure what happened - I did a variety of searching prior to posting - but for some reason it didn't find those threads. I must have chosen my search words un-wisely.

Thanks a lot.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.