GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to get a lot of DVD errors from both the NAV Map DVD and also any of the kids' DVD's. The kids' DVD's I could almost understand, since they're usually pretty banged up, but it's even happened with one that was fresh out of the case.

The NAV disc error happenes very infrequently, but when it does I need to stop/start the car to 'kick' it. it won't even let me eject the disc when it's in that state.

I had them log it as an issue at my last service appointment, and of course they could not find anything. But they did have to reflash the NAV system for one of the issues with the HUD, and he mentioned that there was a chance it would help with the DVD issues.

Anyone else have similair issues?

·
Registered
384 Posts
In August I posted about nav disc error in my 2007 Acadia. I would have to open the unit and take out disc and re insert for it to work again. My Heads Up Display would not work right at times too. I had the nav system flashed and they ordered an upgraded disc. However the 2007 Acadia was replaced before they ever finshed working on it, this month. I did not have any more nav disc read errors though while waiting on replacement Acadia for 2 months. The new disc was never installed but a flash was done to update the system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Few of our DVDs will play; eject and indicates disc read error. Our DVDs are well cared for and will play in the house. Have had no issues with the NAV disc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am now having these problems again, and it is killing me. Almost once a week, it reads "Map Read Error" and then freezes so I cannot even eject the map disk!

ANY SOLUTIONS???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
SARTech3 said:
I am now having these problems again, and it is killing me. Almost once a week, it reads "Map Read Error" and then freezes so I cannot even eject the map disk!

ANY SOLUTIONS???
Is the disk scratched or otherwise damaged? Is the disk still in the drive?

·
Super Moderator
21,986 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Is the disk scratched or otherwise damaged? Is the disk still in the drive?
Don't the NAV systems store the maps on an internal drive or some other RAM device so you can remove the disk after loading the update? ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the exact same problem with my DVD player. At least 15mins per brand new DVD to get it to start working. I've taken it in to the dealership and they said to buy a CD/DVD cleaner, so I did. Still the same problem. Took it back again, they said I did not provide them with a test DVD disc so they can't test it (they didn't look in the center console). Took it back a 3rd time they took out the DVD/NAV/Radio player claiming it needs a new Radio, so they took it out and now I've been without a DVD/NAV/Radio for 2 weeks. I called yesterday and the service adviser told me they have the other parts (other issues I've been dealing with) but the DVD/NAV/Radio is somewhere in the US.

What bothers me the most is that he said somewhere in the US? Now a days you can track something to about an hour away from your house??!!!

Sorry just needed to Vent.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
wmkee said:
I am having the exact same problem with my DVD player. At least 15mins per brand new DVD to get it to start working. I've taken it in to the dealership and they said to buy a CD/DVD cleaner, so I did. Still the same problem. Took it back again, they said I did not provide them with a test DVD disc so they can't test it (they didn't look in the center console). Took it back a 3rd time they took out the DVD/NAV/Radio player claiming it needs a new Radio, so they took it out and now I've been without a DVD/NAV/Radio for 2 weeks. I called yesterday and the service adviser told me they have the other parts (other issues I've been dealing with) but the DVD/NAV/Radio is somewhere in the US.

What bothers me the most is that he said somewhere in the US? Now a days you can track something to about an hour away from your house??!!!

Sorry just needed to Vent.
They returned the vehicle to you with a big hole where the radio was? Wow what a crappy dealer :sosad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had my head unit replaced 2 times due to the same error. Each time I took it for these errors they said "oh it's a bad head unit" and ordered me a new one. So far no problems with this one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Disk is clean, unscratched and usually won't come out of the console itself, unfortunately.

And I have tried cleaning the last disk that was in there and that did nothing.

As well this is the second radio that has been in the vehicle to do the same thing. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts