GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few posts already about this but. This is a little different. I have an 08 SLT2 with Navi and it dont work. The Navi doesnt work it says DVD read error 7 out of 10 times. I have had it to the dealer and they have ordered different DVD's and have updated the Navi software. Do any of you have any suggestions? The stealership is lost they first thought it was the Navi unit so they replace it. That didnt work so they thought that it was the DVD so they ordered a new one. That didnt work so they ordered software to update it. That didnt work. So they are lost they ran out of things to replace and it does the same thing. I have had this thing since June and it hasnt worked. There has to be a logical answer other than LEMON. I love the Acadia but 7 out of 10 times it dont work and the 3 times it does it will get so slow with the directions you will be past the offramp before it tells you. PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i started a post awhile back about this. i haven't had a problem until yesterday when it was hot. but also, we have noticed that the directions are slow and have passed exits while on this road trip. i am now curious if there is an update or what the deal is. maybe it is the antenna, i dont know? hopefully we get some answers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've had this issue too; on startup the NAV system takes a while to check the DVD, then about 3 out of 10 times comes back with a read error.

I'm on my second DVD as I got one of my two free updates (I have an '07) in the summer of '07.

I have noticed that when I pull the disc is has many scratches and scuffs, which is really odd as it went in brand new and hasn't been out of the NAV.

It'd be nice if there was a way to burn a backup, given that the discs are $300+

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that is odd considering that nothing touches it. I will have my wife look at the DVD I am in Iraq and cant see it. I bought this truck for her to have while I was gone. I figured that a new truck loaded would make this 7 months away a little easier. But she has had more issues with this truck then our other car that had 80k on it. I should have stuck with foriegn made vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I understand your frustration. I encountered a similar type of thing when trying to use the Scosche AXIPGMLAN Ipod interface on our new '09 SLT2. Apparently, there is some difference in the 08 vs 09 radios. By chance, do you think when they replaced the radio that they put the wrong year one in there?

On repetitive problems such as these that can't seem to be fixed at your dealer, it is usually a good idea to go to another dealer & get a second opinion. They will be able to see your service history in the GM computer system.

Odds are that a recurring problem would occur in a foreign or another brand domestic vehicle, and then you wouldn't have this great forum to help out!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would assume they put the correct Navi in it. They are ordered by VIN so it is kind of a no brainer. And like I said I am in Iraq so my wife is the one dealing with it. She is comfortable with that dealership but they are not fixing it. So I will suggest again that she take it to another dealership. I will be back in the USA in Nov so if it is not fixed by then I will take it else where. You are right about the other cars. I am just frustrated and wish this thing worked.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i dont think the issue is the nav disc. it has to be programming or something for the information to be slow. it could be a processor or something, but it is weird how it works good one minute and not so good the next. i did find that compared to my nuvi, the route choice is not as good with the factory system. anyways, what about the reprogramming of the head unit?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Schram said:
what about the reprogramming of the head unit?
They did that they ordered the software from GM and reloaded it. It was the incorrect software in there but after the software load it still didnt work.

·
Registered
423 Posts
so that didnt help at all? i wonder if it is the antenna, if it is causing any issues. did you install your unit or is it factory? i installed mine and am wondering if i am the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Navi is a factory installed unit. I thought about the antenna but it says DVD read error. I could see if it was just slow. But it sometimes wont even pull up a map and even if you are in a garage and turn the system on it pull up the map of where it was last at. It is at the dealer right now and they are getting the GM Tech guy to fix it I hope. I will post what they did to fix it if they fix it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well they fixed it. It ended up being the Navi unit they installed the wrong Navi when they replaced it the first time. So it seems that the original one was bad then they stuck the wrong one in and screwed it up for about 2.5 months. It took them 2.5 months to figure out what was wrong when they broke it. Now I am trying to get them to reimburse me for the XM and OnStar because it didnt work with the Navi Screwed up. It locked the whole thing up. Well I thank you all for your imputs and Support.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Glad you got your system fixed. :thumb: I would think getting them to extend the complimentary OnStar stuff for another 3 months or so wouldn't be a big deal and seems like a reasonable solution. I don't know about XM though, as they are a separate entity now with Sirius buying them out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same issue and they tried fixing it with a new disk, but same problem occurred. they replaced the whole unit and so far so good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts