GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Does anyone know if the DVD player stays on after the car is powered down? I could swear the last couple times I've gotten into the Acadia that I've heard the DVD spinning in the DVD player. It doesn't last long, then quits. Anyone else heard this?

Ryan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Yup, I've noticed that since we first got the Acadia. Not exactly sure why it does this...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
admin said:
Yup, I've noticed that since we first got the Acadia. Not exactly sure why it does this...?
phewww.. well if it happens to admin, it must be standard!

Thanks,
Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Is it possible you are hearing the NAV disc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan-M said:
Is it possible you are hearing the NAV disc?
Not on mine.. unless I secretly have a navigation system... were is that s.o.b..... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
rme8494 said:
Dan-M said:
Is it possible you are hearing the NAV disc?
Not on mine.. unless I secretly have a navigation system... were is that s.o.b..... ;D

LOL!!! Guess thats not it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Yeah i have noticed this too but it only starts spinning the discs (not sure if it is the nav or dvd disc) when you open the drivers door or you unlock the car. When i was cleaning the inside the other day it stopped spinning the discafter 10 mins. I hope this helps!! Colm 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
REXY WAGON said:
Yeah i have noticed this too but it only starts spinning the discs (not sure if it is the nav or dvd disc) when you open the drivers door or you unlock the car. When i was cleaning the inside the other day it stopped spinning the discafter 10 mins. I hope this helps!! Colm 8)
Hmm, if it is stopping after 10 min, then this behavior might be tied to the Retained Accessory Power function then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
linuxtwit said:
REXY WAGON said:
Yeah i have noticed this too but it only starts spinning the discs (not sure if it is the nav or dvd disc) when you open the drivers door or you unlock the car. When i was cleaning the inside the other day it stopped spinning the discafter 10 mins. I hope this helps!! Colm 8)
Hmm, if it is stopping after 10 min, then this behavior might be tied to the Retained Accessory Power function then.
Mine spins for like 10 or 20 seconds, no nearly 10 mins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
rme8494 said:
linuxtwit said:
REXY WAGON said:
Yeah i have noticed this too but it only starts spinning the discs (not sure if it is the nav or dvd disc) when you open the drivers door or you unlock the car. When i was cleaning the inside the other day it stopped spinning the discafter 10 mins. I hope this helps!! Colm 8)
Hmm, if it is stopping after 10 min, then this behavior might be tied to the Retained Accessory Power function then.
Mine spins for like 10 or 20 seconds, no nearly 10 mins.
Ok, scratch that theory then ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
linuxtwit said:
REXY WAGON said:
Yeah i have noticed this too but it only starts spinning the discs (not sure if it is the nav or dvd disc) when you open the drivers door or you unlock the car. When i was cleaning the inside the other day it stopped spinning the discafter 10 mins. I hope this helps!! Colm 8)
Hmm, if it is stopping after 10 min, then this behavior might be tied to the Retained Accessory Power function then.
It will continue for 10 minutes unless you open the drivers door, then it will stop. If not and you happen to crawl out the passenger side as I do in my garage, it will shut down in 10 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
It will continue for 10 minutes unless you open the drivers door, then it will stop. If not and you happen to crawl out the passenger side as I do in my garage, it will shut down in 10 minutes.
Ok, that sounds like the expected behavior for RAP (Retained Accessory Power). See p.125 of the manual.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top