GMC Acadia Forum banner

DVD Play through Nav

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  loach 
#1 ·
Received the GMC Magazine today and it says you can play a DVD through the Nav System screen while parked in your Acadia.....It also says you can opt for Acadia's available Rear Seat Entertainment System......I don't have the RSE, but how can I view a DVD? I took out the map DVD and put a regular DVD in, and got a message saying "Not a Map DVD" - it doesn't work in the CD player either, so how do you do it? I called the Nav number and they said to call the dealership......thanks,

patp

#2 ·
You have to have both the RSE and the NAV to be able to view the DVD movie in the NAV screen while in park. So in your case (without the RSE) you will not be able to view the DVD movie in the NAV screen...

#4 ·
You don't have to have RSE. Put the DVD in the cd slot and in park. You may then watch the DVD. It is pretty cool when you want to lock your kids in the car. ;D

#5 ·
Schram said:
You don't have to have RSE. Put the DVD in the cd slot and in park. You may then watch the DVD. It is pretty cool when you want to lock your kids in the car. ;D
I thought that it was only a CD player (the external disk slot) and not a DVD player if you do not have the RSE.

#6 ·
Schram said:
Schram, the reason you can play a DVD is you bought the DVD player version of the factory nav from an aftermarket supplier. I did the same thing. But there is also a CD-only version of the nav. If an Acadia comes from the factory with Nav but without RSE, then you get the CD-only version of the nav radio, which will not play DVDs. The DVD version of the nav radio actually has the DVD logo on the front of it. The CD-only version doesn't.

FWIW, I noticed the same thing in the GMC magazine and I thought it was misleading as soon as I read it.

#8 ·
I should clarify that I don't think the GMC magazine was intentionally misleading. I just think it was one of those instances where someone got lazy with the language and implied something they didn't mean to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.