GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My 09 SLT2 came with rear seat entertainment and UVA radio plus buckup camera etc . I would like to know if I can upgrade this to a UZR. Is it just a plug and play thing or dealer programming is required?
Will I get the system to function like the original from GM. Will camera still display in the rear view mirror or it will be in the new touch screen?

in anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any pictures from anyone who's done this in the past, appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GUYS,
Its me again!!
The front radio is what i want to replace with the touch screen DVD /NAV player with code UZR.

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. I know people have done this, it requires you to add a GPS antenna. I will try to find a thread with pics, or maybe someone else can help.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Topic moved to Audio section, duplicate post deleted[/color]

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Several of us have upgraded '07s and '08s to factory nav, but I'm not sure I've heard of anyone doing an '09 yet. It's a different nav radio I think (due to the addition of XM Navtraffic and Bluetooth as options for the '09?)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'd think it may not be too difficult, but am aware that there was some type of change for the 2009 radio- this is why the Scosche adapter I bought doesn't work right with my radio but does for 2008 ones. The XM component is still in the driver side rear of the vehicle on mine.

In addition to the GPS antenna and the built in Bluetooth, the main issue I'm seeing is the camera output. I'd bet there is programming required since you have the mirror/monitor, and this is also undoubtedly required to activate the Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone fitting one of these into a 2009 model, so you get to be a trailblazer. One thing you could do is to find the part number (via your local dealer) for the 2009 and see if there are any illustrations showing the plugs on the rear of the unit. Ebay is also a good place to look at pictures of radios people are selling, most have front & rear views. You must also lookout for the panel illumination- it is different on the Outlook vs the Acadia, and some of the radios I've seen on ebay are from Outlooks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi , If i wanted to install an after market nav only in the car, where do you suggest i install it. This may be independent of the Acadia'a electronics. Has anyone installed something like that on an acadia without retrofitting the dash radio?

does anyone have the acadia's radio circuit diagram?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
By nav only do you mean the Tom Tom, Garmin, Magellan, etc.?

These are stand alone devices and only require a 12 volt outlet, unless you want to hardwire one in.

The diagrams would be found in the service manual, and these are available from Helm Inc.

I looked for the service manual set & it is $150 for 2008 & 2009. It shows as not released yet for the 2009 model and for the 2008 model it shows as being out of stock. It is $135 for the 2007 model and shows available.

If you know someone that is a mechanic & has a subscription to one of the online manual services they can often download a particular diagram.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts