GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, any thoughts on the safety of DVD headrests if you were in an accident. I mean the hardness of them and someone really smacking their head on them from the second row if in an accident? I am just trying to way all the options. We are planning on having either them or the overhead model installed.
Just food for thought.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am not too worried. The GM dvd headrests that I installed are very big and soft. I think my head would be ok. Also, I don't see my two daughters hitting them from the second row because they would be wearing seat belts and I can not see them traveling that far of a distance if they are wearing the belts. I think their heads and bodies would need move a good 2 1/2 to 3 feet to contact the dvd headrest. However, I am not a NTSA person, so my view is purely speculation. But, I did not even given any thought about hitting them when I bought them. Hope this helps.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
who1975 said:
I am not too worried. The GM dvd headrests that I installed are very big and soft. I think my head would be ok. Also, I don't see my two daughters hitting them from the second row because they would be wearing seat belts and I can not see them traveling that far of a distance if they are wearing the belts. I think their heads and bodies would need move a good 2 1/2 to 3 feet to contact the dvd headrest. However, I am not a NTSA person, so my view is purely speculation. But, I did not even given any thought about hitting them when I bought them. Hope this helps.

Bill
:ditto:
I agree. I would imagine that a seatbelted passenger in the 2nd row should be properly restrained by the seatbelt to avoid contacting the back of the 1st row headrest. Regardless of there being a DVD installed or not in the headrest, anyone that did come in contact with it during a collision would be hurting either way and wouldn't imagine there being anymore significant injuries.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My children would definitely be belted in with a car seat or a booster seat. I have seen those crash test videos and the people do really go quite far forward in them. I was just wondering.
thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts