GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home last night from our 400 mile trip my wife was in the back of the Acadia watching a DVD and it just locked up. I went to eject the DVD and nothting happend other than it said "Ejecting DVD" on the screen. It wouldn't come out so we just turned the radio on. This morning I tried ejecting it again and what do you know, it came out like normal. What do you think could've happened? Should I take it in and have the dealership take a look at it? I'm sure if I bring it in it won't do it again, but I don't have the extended warranty and I'm sure it would cost like hell if the DVD stopped working later on when it was out of warranty. Do these systems have many problems? I was hesitant to get it because of stuff like this, but it sure is nice to have too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i think that the unit is pretty poor when it comes to dependablilty. there are a few problems like these that many have. i really think it is programming since many of the problems can be fixed with turning the car off and on again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having DVD eject errors as well, yesterday we tried changing the dvd out for the kids but after pressing the eject button nothing happened. The 'DISC' area on the screen greyed out but the disk would not eject. I tried turning the car on/off, turning the dvd console on/off, ejecting the map disc, even holding down the eject button for 5 sec which makes the screen flip down to eject the nav disc, nothing has seemed to work. Even let the problem sit overnight and still won't eject the dvd, it seems that every time the "DISC" area just greys out and after a while it just goes back into it's play mode. Anyone know what the issue may be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
DVD Stuck

I was trying to put a movie into the player today on my 2007 Acadia, and it wasn't taking it. I pushed a little bit, and then it slid in and played the movie without problem. Now the thing wont eject, even if I hold the eject button for 5 seconds! Anybody know how I can manually eject the disc? I remember some of the earliest car CD players had a little hole where you could stick a paper clip into, and it would force the disc out of the player, but there's nothing like that I can see...

I'm probably going to have to take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oops - I just posted a new topic on this, and I see this is already here! Looks like this has happened to more than one of us! The car is barely one year old (we bought our 2007 Acadia on 12/6/2007), so you wouldn't think this would be a problem already!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I merged your post.... Do you have Overhead DVD player, or Headrest DVD Player?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the DVD eject issue and wasn't able to manually eject the discs and neither was the dealer technician. They ended up replacing the head unit to fix the issue. HOWEVER, there is a new issue where the center-channel does not play the voices on the dvd (aka you can see the mouths moving but NO sound). So Beware!!! There is a different post on that issue and it looks like it's been around since 2007 however, GMC says its 1) not a real issue or 2) they have no fix. Amazing to me but go figure. In economic times like this they better get their services in-line as that's the only money they'll be making since no one's buying new vehicles. I can't wait for the next JD Power survey to come!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
the other instance you speak of with the mouth moving but no voice sounds familiar. Where is that post? I thought that person had changed something or done upgrades to the vehicle being the cause of the sound issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
jerlim said:
I had the DVD eject issue and wasn't able to manually eject the discs and neither was the dealer technician. They ended up replacing the head unit to fix the issue. HOWEVER, there is a new issue where the center-channel does not play the voices on the dvd (aka you can see the mouths moving but NO sound). So Beware!!! There is a different post on that issue and it looks like it's been around since 2007 however, GMC says its 1) not a real issue or 2) they have no fix. Amazing to me but go figure. In economic times like this they better get their services in-line as that's the only money they'll be making since no one's buying new vehicles. I can't wait for the next JD Power survey to come!!!
I think the post said to turn the rear audio controls off and back on to fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I had the DVD eject problem and mine is after market. They replaced my whole unit and it works well. Make sure your kids get a chance to mess with the remote before you take it in ranting and raving. It's amazing how many times my son has been able to fix something with the DVD, cable or internet.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mckcab said:
...It's amazing how many times my son has been able to fix something with the ...internet.
Also amazing is how often the same process works for everything from Acadia to Toyota for me and roughly 4000 others here for the Acadia (the half that post). :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts