GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to purchase either the GMC Acadia soon and have noticed in the Acadia literature the radio head unit with a DVD-Audio/Video logo on it. Does this mean it will play DVD-Audio discs? I have a collection of these discs and would be thrilled to play them in the Acadia. I have also noticed this logo when upgrading to the Nav system. I personally do not want to get the Nav system but am interested in the DVD system which I believe will upgrade the head unit with these capabilities. Am I correct with this assumption? Can anyone help with this before I visit my dealer?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am no expert by far but I have played cds in the DVD slot (by accident). When you get the DVD, there is a slot for CD and a slot for DVD and I had a CD that I had thought was a movie I had recorded and I put it in the DVD slot and music started playing. I have made an MP3 music CD that I play in the CD player. In learning to do this procedure, someone on here said I could store even more music if I made a DVD with music and could play through the DVD system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately my question did not involve Regular Audio CD's. There are "Special" Audio CD's called DVD-Audio Discs that play their music as surround sound and it is recorded in a higher fidelity. They will not play in your CD player, rather it will play in specially marked players that play DVD-Video discs as well. Some higher end vehicles, such as some in the Acura line, offer this. And from some of those reviews, the music sounds "Awesome"!

·
Registered
730 Posts
A DVD-Video player plays DVD movie and DVD-Audio but both are processed as regular DVD. It plays regular CDs, too.
A DVD-Audio player plays DVD-Audio encoded discs the way it was recorded..it uses a better DAC..it processes the disc as a DVD-audio and the result is a higher fidelity music.
So, if it is marked as DVD-Audio, it should play your discs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, it does play DVD-Audio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts