GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this issue with your Acadia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• N/A

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DVD player -- I have had an issue with the DVD player, not sure if something is wrong or or just strange. Here's how it goes, my kids are watching a DVD and we are listening through the car speakers. We stop somewhere, turn the car off and get out. When we get back in, I press play for the DVD player and the movie starts - but there is no sound. If is press the "band" button and then the "DVD" button on the radio you can hear the sound of the movie. Has anyone else had this issue??

Thanks, elgmom

Admin update: The temporary workaround, as noted below, is to turn the rear audio controls on then back off and the center channel (voice) audio should return to the cabin speakers. I also noticed that using the remote to cycle through the audio channels (like spanish, french, etc) also fixes the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: DVD audio (voice) channel cuts out

I have the same problem with the DVD player. I took it in for service and this is what I found out. Panasonic has a program problem. The service foreman told me that Panasonic at this time doesn't want to reprogram the head unit as they are not sure if by doing so, it may disrupt other functions that are currently working. They may wait till the 08 are released. There is however a workaround for the time being. When the voices are not heard throught the speakers, turn on and off the power to the rear entertainment console. The full sound including the voices should be restored. The service department documented the problem and will contact me when GM has a fix for the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts

elgmom said:
DVD player -- I have had an issue with the DVD player, not sure if something is wrong or or just strange. Here's how it goes, my kids are watching a DVD and we are listening through the car speakers. We stop somewhere, turn the car off and get out. When we get back in, I press play for the DVD player and the movie starts - but there is no sound. If is press the "band" button and then the "DVD" button on the radio you can hear the sound of the movie. Has anyone else had this issue??

Thanks, elgmom
By pressing "play" when you first get in it is allowing the sound to come through the wireless headphones.Instead of pressing "DVD",try pressing "CD" and see if the CD plays through the speakers while a movie is still playing on the screen.The movie should also be heard through the headphones while you are listening to the CD from the speakers.If the wireless headphones are being used the audio system will mute the rear speakers while allowing the front ones to be used for other sources.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

oneturningleaf said:
I have the same problem with the DVD player. I took it in for service and this is what I found out. Panasonic has a program problem. The service foreman told me that Panasonic at this time doesn't want to reprogram the head unit as they are not sure if by doing so, it may disrupt other functions that are currently working. They may wait till the 08 are released. There is however a workaround for the time being. When the voices are not heard throught the speakers, turn on and off the power to the rear entertainment console. The full sound including the voices should be restored. The service department documented the problem and will contact me when GM has a fix for the problem.
Thanks - I thought I was going nuts. The really strange thing I noticed this evening is that is does not happen on every DVD. We had a (urp - hate to admit it) Barney DVD in this evening and when we restarted it had no problem at all. Very strange!

·
Registered
76 Posts

oneturningleaf said:
Did the dealer tell you how long it should be until they have a solution? I have the exact same problem with my truck. I've been turning off the stereo and then starting the disc over again, this seems to work, but isn't acceptable for a $40,000 truck!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Yes, I agree. The service foreman did contact GM and they did acknowledge that there is a problem. He didn't give a timeframe as I stated earlier because it is a Panasonic issue. GM is pressing them for a fix.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Did the dealer tell you how long it should be until they have a solution? I have the exact same problem with my truck. I've been turning off the stereo and then starting the disc over again, this seems to work, but isn't acceptable for a $40,000 truck!!!
[/quote]

Good thing you didn't buy a BMW you would have been real pissed when something didn't work on a $50-60k truck. Just speaking from personal experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there has been a fix for this yet? I took mine in today and they are denyinig any problem...uuuuggg!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same problem on a truck made on 3/11/08, so i would say they still have no fix :-[ :-X :-\

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '07 SLT FWD with the same issue. I am taking it in tomorrow for another issue and will update everyone with what the dealer says.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts