GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had enough of the Acadia and traded it in for a 2007 Silverado. I got tired of things falling apart and the transmission feeling like it had about as much power as a scooter. This was especially true when the a/c was on - no power whatsoever. I didn't feel safe pulling out into traffic or trying to merge, etc., unless there were no cars for quite a distance. I took it in right after I got it in February to re-flash the tranny, but nothing changed. I got caught up doing other things since then but tried to take it back in again in July but couldn't even get my calls returned from the service department where I bought it (here in the Boise area there are only two GMC dealers so theres not much choice). It's a very good looking vehicle, but it's got too many kinks in it right now. I ended up losing a good chunk of money on the trade in but it was well worth it to have confidence again when I drive. The Silverado I got is less than 200 lbs heavier than the Acadia but has 367 hp compared to 275. How does that make sense? I've noticed the two dealers here now have a supply of the Acadia's on their lots where before there were none. Not sure if this is a sign of bad things or not. The one I trade in sold within a week.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I had heard about troubles and was concerned before I got delivery. I am really wondering about this car. Some seem to be so disillusioned. I LOVE mine. It was everything I had hoped and more. The transmission works great! Very smooth. No problem passing, merging, climbing hills. Never any sputtering or staggering. Could it be faster, ya but you sacrifice MPG which was a major selling point for me. No way was I going to get an SUV type vehicle if all I could get was 12-16 MPG.

Hope you like your Silverado. I have a 1990 Chevy CK2500. Still works great!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ditto to Keith! I love this vehicle! I have had zero problems (3500 miles to date) and I can't really think of anything I would change. I strongly considered a Sierra or Silverado, but the Acadia was so much more. Enjoy the truck...my son bought one and loves it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
mmmm .... sounds like somebody bought the wrong vehicle to begin with. I don't know how you can compare these two vehicles, the only thing they have in common are 4 wheels. Love mine, bought it for the 8 pass seating, best in class fuel mileage and general super good looking. Though the Silverado is a great truck it sure wouldn't fit the use I would need it for.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Threads like this are actually encourging to me and my massive research into the Acadia - I would agree - I bet you bought the wrong car. I have been on 3 lambda test drives now and it feels great to me. I don't tow, don't carry more cargo than the occasional family vacation and a carpool buddy here and again.

I hope you enjoy your truck. I didn't want a truck. I didn't want a minivan. That is why we are getting an Acadia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get yours at Dennis Dillon or Larry Miller? I ordered mine in February from DD and they kept trying to convince me to take the carbon model they had just got in. I didn't want the black interior and I wanted a second row bench. Sorry the Acadia didn't work for you. We love ours (other than the sticky outside temperature gauge). Perfect vehicle or hauling the family and the drum set. Just waiting for Thule to create a roof top ski rack so I can take it up to Bogus Basin this ski season. Enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drumr, I got mine at Edmark. I went to DD first because of the way Edmark does business (no haggle, no negotiation period) but then couldn't get a good deal so went back to Edmark. Both dealers, though, are kind of old school and aren't really good at customer service (take it or leave it approach). I guess that's the problem when you have 2 GMC dealers for a valley that has over 500,000 people in it - no competition.

As far as buying the wrong vehicle to begin with, not sure about that. My Acadia, as mentioned, had a terrible tranny that completely bogged down when the a/c was on, had a broken lumbar adjustment, broken visor, a/c that was intermittent and would adjust fan speeds when I hit a bump, temp and gas guages that were never accurate and stuck frequently, steering wheel noise when turning, mileage remaining, MPG, etc on the DIC that was never close, etc. On top of all of this I never got better than 13.5 mpg in the 5 months I had it. If all of these things sound normal then I guess I did buy the wrong vehicle. I didn't feel like the hassle of taking it back and forth to the dealer was worth it - not what I expected from a new vehicle and as a matter of fact have never experienced before in a new vehicle. I had a Chevy before the Acadia for 5 years without ever going to the shop and now I'm back with a Chevy. Hope this gives me the same results as the last.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believed the OP probably had a lemon. I have none of these problems. I was shopping for a new Cad Escalade when I sat in an Acadia. I felt more comfortable and really love the better gas mileage and better handling. The fact that this was more than $20,000 cheaper and all I gave up was cooled seats I considered this a bargain.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I really like mine. I'm probably on the upper end, age wise, of Acadia buyers, 65. I'm 6'5" and I'm able to just turn around and put my keester in the seat....sure does help with stiff joints etc. Getting out is nice, just put your feet on the ground and slide out. I love the cargo area. On my previous car, a DHS Cadillac, I had to bend over to put things in the trunk. I can now just reach in to get things. I realize my reasons probably don't apply to most of you, but, anyway, I really like this vehicle. Besides that, it looks good :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree with bg1811 i am 6'0 and love the fact that a 58 year old doesn't have to climb in or fall out and put more wear and tear on my knees or hips. I too love the looks and the great ride, quiet inside and fit and finish. I have 4500 miles and only had a minor a/c problem that they found before it got real bad. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts