GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the belt with the latch and regular seat belt closure that attaches to the roof at the back? I have looked through the manual several times but can't find it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you mean the middle seat belt? It has the extra latch so you can unhook it to fold down the seat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet that's it. Thanks! It is hooked up high, and my 5 year old kept saying that it was the regular middle seatbelt, but I wasn't sure. Should have listened to him. :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is one of my minor gripes. Why is a key/tool necessary to unclip this from the base of the third row seat? I wish it unclicked in like a regular seat belt. It is inconvenient to have to climb in and press an object into the little slot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
zman said:
This is one of my minor gripes. Why is a key/tool necessary to unclip this from the base of the third row seat? I wish it unclicked in like a regular seat belt. It is inconvenient to have to climb in and press an object into the little slot.
You can use your key to unhook it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
deanne said:
I bet that's it. Thanks! It is hooked up high, and my 5 year old kept saying that it was the regular middle seatbelt, but I wasn't sure. Should have listened to him. :D
:binky: :thumb: ;D smart kid

·
Registered
468 Posts
rysamem said:
You can use your key to unhook it.
Yeah, I realize that I just don't understand why it is necessary. I usually end up putting the third row down when I am trying to load something in the back. It would be easier to simply reach over and unclip it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm confused there's a special tool or key needed to use this belt? Nobody ever sits in the third row on a day-to-day basis, but we leave for a family trip in another week and I somebody is going to need to sit back there eventually. Don't you just pull it out from the roof and click it into the seat belt thing at the seat like all other seatbelts? I've pulled it out of the roof slightly when I first bought the car, but never really looked at it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
imgntht - there's a latch on the left side that has to be hooked up first that turns it into a lap/shoulder belt. No "tool" is needed to connect it. Then you move it across your body to the right and buckle the seat belt on the right side. What's being discussed here is that you have to insert something into the little buckle on the left in order to disconnect it and reel it back up to the ceiling. Any key would work - not just your car's key. It seems like a safety feature to prevent the little left-side buckle from disconnecting accidentally. Crawl back there and you'll immediately see what we're talking about.

·
Registered
468 Posts
imgntht said:
I'm confused there's a special tool or key needed to use this belt? Nobody ever sits in the third row on a day-to-day basis, but we leave for a family trip in another week and I somebody is going to need to sit back there eventually. Don't you just pull it out from the roof and click it into the seat belt thing at the seat like all other seatbelts? I've pulled it out of the roof slightly when I first bought the car, but never really looked at it.
You pull it out of the ceiling like any other belt, but once you click it into the recepticle it does not release like a normal seat belt. There is no button to push. Rather, there is a small recessed button that you need to insert something into (such as the key) in order to release it back up into the ceiling.

Edit: Darn, loach beat me to it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks loach and zman. I understand more clearly now and will give a good visual inspection of this the next time I am in the car. God I love this forum :thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
sounds like a perfect place for a car/booster seat.

·
Registered
730 Posts
why is there no anchor for child seat in the 3rd row?..i only have it on my captain chairs in the 2nd row

·
Registered
542 Posts
I thought that belt was for extra support/safety in the 3rd row, not a shoulder belt. Its in the manual, I guess I will have to recheck that. Never used it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keith said:
I thought that belt was for extra support/safety in the 3rd row, not a shoulder belt. Its in the manual, I guess I will have to recheck that. Never used it
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
the above statment totally puzzles me.

it is a shoulder belt for the extra support/safter of the middle passenger of the third row.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Read pages 22 and 23 in the manual. They explain how to lower and raise the 3rd row. It mentions reconnecting the mini latch to secure the seat. That is why I figured that is what it is for. I have not used this feature.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Keith said:
Read pages 22 and 23 in the manual. They explain how to lower and raise the 3rd row. It mentions reconnecting the mini latch to secure the seat. That is why I figured that is what it is for. I have not used this feature.
Secure the seat? I don't think so. The seat is bolted to the floor and isn't going anywhere. I think they just want you to reconnect it so it's ready for a passenger to use. It's a lap and shoulder seat belt for the middle passenger of the 3rd row.

·
Registered
403 Posts
There is an anchor in the middle section of the third row seat. The shoulder belt is a bit cumbersome, but ok. The angle does not work quite as well as from the side of the vehicle, like all the "regular" belts are tethered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As far as releasing the seat belt...

In my other car I can use the corner of the metal tongue/blade of the seatbelt to release it, which I think is a good idea. No key or other item needed. Doesn't work for the Acadia, you have to use a key or something small. Not a big deal once you get used to it, but I did like just being able to use part of the seatbelt to release it in the other car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts