GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a stupid question and I apologize but here goes:

If the NAV system is 'DVD-based' then does that mean that when I'm using the Navigation system I cannot listen to another CD or DVD because my one CD drive will be occupied by the 'Navigation DVD'?

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
No. The NAV DVD goes behind the screen (the screen actually pops up). The normal CD (or DVD if you have "rear DVD entertainment") goes above the screen.

You should be fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No. The dvd for the nav goes in the dvd drive that is behind the nav screen. For watching a dvd or listing to a cd it goes in the slot above the nav screen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the CD drive also play DVDs?

I dont want to watch movies while I'm driving but I saw in another post that somebody burned about 4GBs of songs onto a DVD and plays them in his Acadia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes it will play a DVD full of Mp3's files etc. I would recommend burning all the same type of files to one disc. I made a disc with mp3 and some wma files and the system got confused and took forever to scan the disc.

You can put all your music into folders and then the folders appear on the screen for you to chose from. I usually name them by artist or album. Hope this helps.

Hey here is another NAV question...did anyone get an instruction book for the NAV? The owners manual references it but I didn't get one and my dealer has no idea.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Adamdc said:
Does the CD drive also play DVDs?

I dont want to watch movies while I'm driving but I saw in another post that somebody burned about 4GBs of songs onto a DVD and plays them in his Acadia.
Only if you have the rear DVD option. Otherwise you get a nav radio that only plays CDs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This thread 's kinda gotten off track, but ditto the last post. Both my original radio and the replacement nav radio have a DVD label on the face.

I got my nav manual off eBay...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts