GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Im new to this forum. I actually work for a competitor dealer, but drove an enclave for a rental and loved it and am lookin to go for an acadia. From my experience at my place where i work, they put the stupidest things for add ons to the vehicle.

Example:

An "Identity system" is a proxminty system where the fob has to be in the car and shaken or pressed before you can turn the key to start the vehicle...otherwise, it just won't start. To the customer... this system costs $400 installed. All it is is replacing the starter relay with the "identity System" receiver that works with the fobs. System costs dealer maybe $15 or less. If this crapola is being installed, then what is the point of having the computer chips in the keys? On the window sticker, this system is listed as "Environmental Protection... $399.99"

or there is a system called "silencer" where the driver has to put a key in a plug and the horn chirps two times to disarm it before they start it. If they dont disarm it, the monent the ignition is turned, the horn blares like crazy... THAT IS ANNOYING AS ALL HELL... runs the same price as the identity.

Then... "Safety Pulse"... They Charge $150 for this stupid relay that takes 5 mins to install in the third brake light that makes it flash for a couple seconds when the brakes are first applied. In my opinion- most stupidest and annoying thing on the road, especially when someone is rideing their brakes on and off.

What is funny is when those security systems act up and customers cant start their cars... then they come and tell the svc dept to rip the things out ha ha.

What stupid stuff have you seen for add ons with the acadias? Amuse me please! :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like your dealership is milking many folks security/safety paranoia with those high profit items. If the suckers buy 'em, they deserve what they get (my opinion, of course). But if they had one of those dumb but profitable gadgets on a car I was interested in, it would come off or no deal.

·
Registered
395 Posts
splorersport said:
Then... "Safety Pulse"... They Charge $150 for this stupid relay that takes 5 mins to install in the third brake light that makes it flash for a couple seconds when the brakes are first applied. In my opinion- most stupidest and annoying thing on the road, especially when someone is rideing their brakes on and off.
The fact that it is annoying means it has gotten your attention and it does what it is supposed to do. I also would never pay to have this installed in a car but I do see something similar quite frequently on motorcycles (where it is even more important to call attention to yourself). In fact, they teach you in the MSF safety course to intentionally pulse your brake pedal/lever before applying the brakes to call attention to the fact that you are braking. You can get replacement bulbs that do this automatically, though they are not that cheap. For the right price, I'd like to have one on my bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts