GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my wife and I just purchased an 09 Acadia. In the future, I am interested in installing the dual headrest DVD system. I have searched all over the forums and I haven't found a good answer to my questions. First off, I would like to install myself and would like to know what luck (if any) anyone has had with this. I have seen the installation instructions, but I am wondering if you could just hard wire in as you would a stereo(ground/power/constant/etc.) Also what systems has anyone found that have matched the seats well. I have seen what GM accessories offers and was wondering who actually builds this system and if their are better alternatives. Any help I could receive I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I've sent my cloth GM ones out to be recovered. Once I get them back I will try & do an install with photos. As for the wiring, you should be able to decode what goes where for power and ground. From what I've read, the issue with aftermarket units is finding one that will fit in the opening- the rod spacing. I don't recall who builds them, but I'm sure someone here will know the answer to that & your other questions.

I recall merging an aftermarket DVD thread but don't recall if it was for headrest or ceiling mount.

·
Registered
423 Posts
IIRC, Invision are the ones GM use when you order this option. They are not installed at the factory though. They are sent with your car and are dealer installed. There is also the Rosen ones which are made specially for the Acadia. These are used by local GM dealers but I am not sure If Rosen supplies GMC for factory option. You can buy the Rosen's online but not the Invision's. Both are made for the Acadia so they would fit in and have the same leather finish. I got the Rosen ones but did not do the install myself.

From my reasearch I found a few things where the Rosen ones were better.
1. You can pick your FM transmitter frequency. This is specially useful if you live in an area near a major metro city where there is hardly any open FM slots. With the Invision ones you get 10 presets and if your area radio staions are using those you may get some interference.
2. The Rosen ones come with internal games and a wireless game controller. Although the games are kind of lame if you played PS2 or PS3. It is still something the kids would like just to kill time.
3. Higher Screen Resolution
4. 1 inch thiner
5. USB port on each monitor.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ag98justin said:
Hello, my wife and I just purchased an 09 Acadia. In the future, I am interested in installing the dual headrest DVD system. I have searched all over the forums and I haven't found a good answer to my questions. First off, I would like to install myself and would like to know what luck (if any) anyone has had with this. I have seen the installation instructions, but I am wondering if you could just hard wire in as you would a stereo(ground/power/constant/etc.) Also what systems has anyone found that have matched the seats well. I have seen what GM accessories offers and was wondering who actually builds this system and if their are better alternatives. Any help I could receive I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
We tried to give some good information on the install here. The install really is easy, I don't know that wiring it like a stereo would be an easier.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I've sent my cloth GM ones out to be recovered.
Did you end up sending them to the place near me?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yes. I called & talked to Dot, she was very helpful. They are there now, waiting to hear from them.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Yes. I called & talked to Dot, she was very helpful. They are there now, waiting to hear from them.
Great, I hope your as happy with them as I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts