GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Noobs here. We bought a 2007 Acadia back in May. Love it and it has everything but a pizza oven on it. Well, it is not AWD, but we don't really need that. It is the SLT2 package and the head's up display is cool.

Anyway, it only has 20,000 miles on it and a DLR is out. Is that covered under warranty for the dealer to replace?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
should be covered, it is not a wear item. who knows with all the cut backs now a days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just had a DRL replaced, 27000 mi. It was covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our original bumper-to-bumper warranty expired at 36,000 miles (powertrain still good for 5 yrs and 100,000 miles). We extended through the GMPP Major Guard via http://www.gmoutlet.com/. Under the GMPP MG warranty we took our 07 Acadia into a dealer to have a burned out DRL replaced. They said it isn't covered by the warranty. I checked the warranty, and apparently they are correct. The warranty also doesn't cover a lot of other specified items. The GMPP MG is supposed to be the best warranty GM offers post the original. So, I suggest taking your vehicle in to have all the little things fixed before the original warranty runs out, even if you extend.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Damron said:
Our original bumper-to-bumper warranty expired at 36,000 miles (powertrain still good for 5 yrs and 100,000 miles). We extended through the GMPP Major Guard via http://www.gmoutlet.com/. Under the GMPP MG warranty we took our 07 Acadia into a dealer to have a burned out DRL replaced. They said it isn't covered by the warranty. I checked the warranty, and apparently they are correct. The warranty also doesn't cover a lot of other specified items. The GMPP MG is supposed to be the best warranty GM offers post the original. So, I suggest taking your vehicle in to have all the little things fixed before the original warranty runs out, even if you extend.
I wonder how kantkwit got his DRL replaced?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Probably a YMMV* situation and/or some creative writing. The following day, another owner with the same issue may have gone to the same dealer and a different service writer and had to pay for it. I've never heard of bulbs being covered under any warranty, but I suppose if one blew out in an extremely short period of time it should be.

* Your Mileage May Vary.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It all seems on who you talk to at your dealership and I think mileage plays into that as well

·
Registered
125 Posts
jsimms said:
I wonder how kantkwit got his DRL replaced?
Under original 36K mi. warranty

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So if it's within the 36K mile warranty you are good, but once you are on the extended warranty you're not? Seems weird to me

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
So if it's within the 36K mile warranty you are good, but once you are on the extended warranty you're not? Seems weird to me
3 year or 36,000 mile (bumper to bumper ) warranty. It should be covered. The GM extended warranty has to be looked at very carefully. Deductables and coverage vary by the different plans. It also says they can use other then GM parts. I was shocked when I read that as the salesman tried to sell it to me in 2005 for my Silverado. If you came in for something that was cheap it may cost less to fix it by yourself then the $50/$25 deductable. We had people driving in with multiple problems they had for months just to get it covered under one deductable. A co-worker just brought his Caravan in to the dealer to have a few thing fixed under the extended warranty. They couldn't find a defect on one complaint and the other weren't covered.

Bobby

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Damron said:
So, I suggest taking your vehicle in to have all the little things fixed before the original warranty runs out, even if you extend.
Best piece of advice I saw here. GMPP, Fidelis and other extended warranty programs are NOT worth the money. Generally, the cost of the policy plus deductibles takes more of your cash than just paying outright for repairs after the B-to-B warranty.

If you got your vehicle from a GM dealer who handles Buick and Cadillac along with GMC, the prospects are pretty good of getting a break a bit beyond the mileage of your original warranty. This rings especially true if you are a frequent maintenance customer - they know you by name! If you are just Joe-customer off the street who's never been in for anything but warranty gripes, if at all, they'll broom you out the door and down the alley before you can say, "but it only has 36,500 miles!" And IMHO, you would deserve just that.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts