GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to trade my Tahoe for an Acadia. We live and travel on many gravel roads, I was wondering how the Acadia holds up to this and how it would handle driving on gravel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I live out in the country, but don't live on gravel roads. We have more of a sandy type roads here in western Kansas. We have about 15,000 on our's right now and so far so good. I have been very impressed with the traction of the Acadia when the roads are wet. Bear in mind the roads as I said are pretty sandy, so it has to rain alot to make the roads sloppy. I've never had it off on muddier roads. Haven't had a chance to see snow traction as we've only had a few skiffs of snow since we bought it. Overall I think the Acadia will hold up pretty well. I really like the fact it has the plastic molding on the bottom as alot of my other vehicles without that would get a lot of paint chips on the lower panels. Hope this helps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
We drive on a gravel road almost daily to go out and take care of our horses and the plastic lower panels are definitely a paint saver. :thumb: We've never had a problem with traction or the handling of the vehicle either. We have 19K miles on ours now and no squeaks or rattles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Except for her "butt" getting dirty, the Acadia handles great on dirt and gravel roads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Except for her "butt" getting dirty, the Acadia handles great on dirt and gravel roads.
Yeah, forgot about that. It's impossible to keep the back of this vehicle clean. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Except for her "butt" getting dirty, the Acadia handles great on dirt and gravel roads.
Yeah, forgot about that. It's impossible to keep the back of this vehicle clean. ;)
The airflow behind these things is like an 18 wheeler on the Interstate after the snow has melted; there is crap going everywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Except for her "butt" getting dirty, the Acadia handles great on dirt and gravel roads.
Yeah, forgot about that. It's impossible to keep the back of this vehicle clean. ;)
The airflow behind these things is like an 18 wheeler on the Interstate after the snow has melted; there is crap going everywhere
That rear wiper gets a work out for sure.

Bobby
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,420 Posts
DeForger said:
jsimms said:
GeoHawk said:
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Except for her "butt" getting dirty, the Acadia handles great on dirt and gravel roads.
Yeah, forgot about that. It's impossible to keep the back of this vehicle clean. ;)
The airflow behind these things is like an 18 wheeler on the Interstate after the snow has melted; there is crap going everywhere
That rear wiper gets a work out for sure.
Don't forget to fill the reservior and sharpen your wiper blade!! OOPS! That's another thread!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I actually broke my acadia in on gravel logging roads, working for a bio-mass producer i was constantly out at logging sites where we reclaimed logging waste checking quality and directing trucks etc. The great thing about the acadia was the traction control and assistive braking for those times when i would whip around a gravel corner a little too fast. I never once felt out of control in the acadia and with the radio communication system in place on our back roads you can do highway speeds and not worry about meeting someone head on without warning. I would, however, recommend adding some 3M protective tape on the door edges and immediately behind the rear passenger doors on the rear quarter panel, these areas love rock chips. Enjoy!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top