GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to put a grab handle on the drivers side windshield pillar similar to the one on the passenger side? There was a handle on my Envoy and I really got use to having it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
You mean the "holy sh*t bar"? :p I didn't know that they ever had those for the driver's side. I always thought they were strictly for the passengers to hold on to due to my driving skills.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about your driving skills (LOL) but as I stated before, I had one on my Envoy. Having a bad back, it really helped getting out of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
TMMAR said:
Don't know about your driving skills (LOL) but as I stated before, I had one on my Envoy. Having a bad back, it really helped getting out of the vehicle.
I can understand that. My mom has a bad hip and knee. She always uses that grab handle to get in and out of the vehicle. Once in a while, she'll make a grab for it while I'm driving... :angel:

·
Registered
251 Posts
TMMAR said:
TMMAR, what year is your Envoy? My wife has an '04, but no driver side handle ???

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Envoy was an '02 SLT.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I saw a cheesey commercial yesterday for the Honda Odyssey - a couple was driving (minus kids) on a windy road and the woman was grabbing onto the passenger grab bar in mock fear. They were trying to make it seem like it was fun to drive - they're not fooling anyone!

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shellbell,
What, you never saw a hot Odyssey before?? Me neither!! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
My other half calls it the "HSD Bar" "Honey, SLOW DOWN!"

·
Registered
123 Posts
TMMAR said:
Shellbell,
What, you never saw a hot Odyssey before?? Me neither!! ;)
lol thats funny.

·
Registered
405 Posts
its alsmost as bad is the "hippie" commercal saying the van is back. The honda odd thang (what i call it) it a poor excuse for the chevy s20 van.
the song is wierd to and then the hippie backround.

·
Registered
497 Posts
We call it the "Jesus Strap."

I, too, wondered why they didn't put one on the driver's side too. Our Audi Allroad that the Acadia replaced had above the window-mounted "Jesus straps" at all 4 doors.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
We call it the "Jesus Strap."
Very funny. Reminds me of when we were in Colorado last summer driving down a curvy mountain road at a 45 degree angle and I started singing "Jesus take the wheel" to my husband's amusement.

·
Registered
405 Posts
not my most favorite song by carrie underwood. I like Before he Cheats. Kinda keeps me inline :thumb: ;D

·
Registered
524 Posts
There's an airbag in the front drivers side a pillar so you probably can't put a handle on it. On the passenger side the airbag is in the handle itself.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you know if the airbag actually in the handle or is it just somewhere near that area?

·
Registered
524 Posts
TMMAR said:
Do you know if the airbag actually in the handle or is it just somewhere near that area?
If you are talking about the passenger side, then I would say it looks as though the airbag comes out of the plug in the handle. It's just a guess.

It could be that the whole panel that covers the pillar breaks away, but I personally don't think so. That would make the grab handle only attached to the plastic cover and that would be a rather weak connection for something that is meant to be strong.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i think that it just lets you know an air bag is there. But when/ if the air bag goes of the entire piller is going to remove.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rollin'Thunder,
That was what I was thinking also and why I thought that maybe a grab handle could be put on the drivers side as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I know how to find out. Anyone want to try it? LOL!! :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts