GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nticed today there is some plays in my drivers seat.

If I make sudden stop or from a highway rate of speed slow down quicly my seat tilts forward a little bit. Small but noticeable.

Upon acceleration from the stop it moves towards the back.

Not sliding. The seat stays stationary(moving forwar dand back) but will feel like it is on a hinge and rocks forward a bit.

Anyone else have the issue?

Just making alist of all little annoyances to be checked at 3,000 mile oil change.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thought it was just my seat, but mines does exactly the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
:eek: yikes!

No, mine doesn't do that at all. At least not that I've noticed. If I happen to go anywhere today, I will pay more attention and let you know if I notice it.

Do the SLTs have more than a 6-way power driver's seat? Just checking, because that's what I have on my SLE.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You might have something there, when moving my power drivers seat around to clean the Acadia yesterday, noted that the movement back and forth was a bit erratic by the electric motor, kind of skipping in places-although this may have been due to no load/no one in seat as have not noticed it when I am in it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have noticed them same in my Outlook.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i havent noticed it in the driver seat but one of my friends sitting in the back said that his chair was moving. He was sitting in the chair right behind me (i was driving). But you described it just like he did. Only it was in the captains chair on the left .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine too.......definately a rock when braking and accelerating in the seat and very erratic movement when moving the seat forwards and back.......a problem that needs the dealers attention!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Web Raven said:

No, mine doesn't do that at all. At least not that I've noticed. If I happen to go anywhere today, I will pay more attention and let you know if I notice it.

Do the SLTs have more than a 6-way power driver's seat? Just checking, because that's what I have on my SLE.
Well, Joe has a SLT2, so that's got the 8-way power seat.

·
Registered
524 Posts
jrc50 said:
You might have something there, when moving my power drivers seat around to clean the Acadia yesterday, noted that the movement back and forth was a bit erratic by the electric motor, kind of skipping in places-although this may have been due to no load/no one in seat as have not noticed it when I am in it.

I have noticed the very same thing with mine. I was hoping it was my imagination.

ARG!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
linuxtwit said:
Web Raven said:

Well, Joe has a SLT2, so that's got the 8-way power seat.
Thanks. I thought the SLT2 went more ways than 6. I've noticed all that have commented with the same problem also have SLT2's.

Anyone with an SLE and a 6 way power seat experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Haven't noticed it, and I think I would have yesterday as I did a little 2-lane slalom.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I have an SLT-1, and I get this same sensation. It's hard to describe, as the seat actually moves little, if any. It certainly feels like it tips or moves ever so slightly. Not enough to make me worried, at least yet.

Kelly

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rode in the second row captains chair (driver's side) for two hours today and noticed the rocking sensation as well....had the seat in full recline position....occurs when stopping and taking off from stop position...primarily like stop lights.......can't say that i've noticed it in the driver's seat but will be paying a little more close attention when driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an SLT2 and have the same problem...seat moves when I come to a sharp stop and at start.....has any one addressed this with the local dealer...may be they have a TB or a recall to make corrections....

·
Registered
524 Posts
buleczka said:
I have an SLT2 and have the same problem...seat moves when I come to a sharp stop and at start.....has any one addressed this with the local dealer...may be they have a TB or a recall to make corrections....
I am going in to the dealer on Wednesday. I plan on bringing this issue up then, and will post any results then.

Dan

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to see it's not just me. Well, not glad.

It is quite annoying at times and a little unsettling.

Dan..let us know what happens.

·
Registered
185 Posts
jrc50 said:
yup. I notice the "herky-jerky" movement in both the driver and passenger seat while moving them back and forth. Kinda like they're not not tracking just right.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pelle31 said:
jrc50 said:
yup. I notice the "herky-jerky" movement in both the driver and passenger seat while moving them back and forth. Kinda like they're not not tracking just right.
I notice the same movement. However, sometimes when you push the switch all the way to one end or the other it doesn't jerk. So I guess sometimes its how you push the button. Have to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, time to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If enough people complain about this to their dealer they will have to come up with a solution. My warranty says bumper to bumper for three years. I plan on having this issue resolved under warranty. Any play in the seat gives me the impression that the seat is not as safe as it should be. In the event of a collision the seat, theoretically, would have a better chance of coming off the track or floor.

Also since this is a new model year we the consuming public are the ultimate quality control for this, and all new products. It only makes sense to me that GMC will, or should listen to our concerns, and make this wonderful new model as kink free as possible. As we all know that have purchased new stuff, it's not always perfect at first, and we know that seats don't have to be this unstable because our old seats didn't do this. So I feel rather confident that our voiced opinions will be heard, and a solution will be found.

I can live with a high pitched whine under the hood. I can't live with the thought of an inferior seat with unstable feeling mechanics causing my death. Most of us know that any play in an object that is not supposed to be there is in the end causing un-do wear in a place where it was not designed to have play, and this will lead to life shortening wear on the mechanism.

I will insist on this being fixed, I suggest everyone that has this problem do the same.

Dan

1 - 20 of 45 Posts