GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers seat has some serious indecicive attitude. Lately it's been moving back on it's own. When I go to get in it, the seat's all the way back, but not all the time, so it doesn't have anything to do with the easy exit option and it doesnt move until well after I've exited. It didn't do this until lately, after my 2 year old niece got in there and started pushing buttons. Any ideas on what the little genius did to my precious Acadia to make it do it's own thing ?????

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you have memory seats maybe she reset the position for whichever remote you happen to be using? When you push the unlock button maybe it is going to the position she set? Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
On our 2009 SLT2 w/ memory seats, using the advanced remote will set it to that driver's preference, which is position 1 if you use the switch on the driver's door. I suspect the process you need is explained in your owner's manual. In the 2008 manual, memory seats are explained starting on page 1-6:
Memory Seat and Mirrors
Your vehicle may have the memory package.
The controls for this feature are located on the driver’s door panel, and are used to program and recall memory settings for the driver’s seat and outside mirrors.
To save your positions in memory, do the following:
1. Adjust the driver’s seat, including the seatback recliner and lumbar and both outside mirrors to a comfortable position.
See Outside Power Mirrors on page 2-42 for more information.
Not all mirrors will have the ability to save and recall the mirror positions.
2. Press and hold button 1 until two beeps let you know that the position has been stored.
A second seating and mirror position can be programmed by repeating the above steps and pressing button 2.
To recall the memory positions, the vehicle must be in PARK (P). Press and release either button 1 or button 2 corresponding to the desired driving position. The seat and outside mirrors will move to the position previously stored. You will hear a single beep.

Owner manuals can be found linked in this thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=535.0

When asking for help, it is helpful to tell us what year/model/options you have (this is commonly done by listing this info in your signature below, see Blues Clues in mine for how to do this) so we are not guessing at what you are driving, and can give you a better answer.

Moving to interior section...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! Ok, I just set both 1 and 2 memory buttons to the same settings. I'll see if that helps. I had 1 set, but not 2 (I'm the only driver). My Acadia is a 2007 SLT2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
On our 2009 SLT2 w/ memory seats, using the advanced remote will set it to that driver's preference, which is position 1 if you use the switch on the driver's door. I suspect the process you need is explained in your owner's manual. In the 2008 manual, memory seats are explained starting on page 1-6:
Memory Seat and Mirrors
Your vehicle may have the memory package.
The controls for this feature are located on the driver’s door panel, and are used to program and recall memory settings for the driver’s seat and outside mirrors.
To save your positions in memory, do the following:
1. Adjust the driver’s seat, including the seatback recliner and lumbar and both outside mirrors to a comfortable position.
See Outside Power Mirrors on page 2-42 for more information.
Not all mirrors will have the ability to save and recall the mirror positions.
2. Press and hold button 1 until two beeps let you know that the position has been stored.
A second seating and mirror position can be programmed by repeating the above steps and pressing button 2.
To recall the memory positions, the vehicle must be in PARK (P). Press and release either button 1 or button 2 corresponding to the desired driving position. The seat and outside mirrors will move to the position previously stored. You will hear a single beep.

Owner manuals can be found linked in this thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=535.0

When asking for help, it is helpful to tell us what year/model/options you have (this is commonly done by listing this info in your signature below, see Blues Clues in mine for how to do this) so we are not guessing at what you are driving, and can give you a better answer.

Moving to interior section...
A couple things I don't like about the seats and mirror settings are- and if I missed this in the manual let me know:
1) Why don't the mirrors automatically fold-in when the car is turned off? I love this feature, but hate that I have to press the button each time I get out of the car.
2) The button in between seat position memory 1 and 2, combined with the setting in the instrument panel, will automatically move the seat back to give room when existing. But, I havent been able to set what this exist position should look like- unless I use memory setting 2 for this. By fault is goes allll the way back which is much more than I need and and presses against stuff in the second row. Should't that exit button have a memory too, so when I get out it knows how far to go back?

On an unrelated note... been pretty disappointed with the range of the two-way advanced remote start. Since the dealership was such a nightmare to deal with maybe they buried the antenna in some conduit :) but it only goes about 10 parking spaces in distance. Nowhere near what I would need to start it from inside my building at work even when parked at the lot closest to the building.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
As I recall, there is a setting in the DIC to make the mirrors retract (fold) when the vehicle is parked. I'd have to look through the 2009 manual to find it.

I don't recall reading about the exit position having a memory- we don't use it so it's never been an issue with us. That would in effect be a third programmed position setting if it was possible.

The advance remote start w/ LCD screen should have far better range. First thing I'd try was a new battery. Our first one only lasted a short time. The second one has lasted a lot longer. They are like thick camera batteries and available at Wal-Mart (CR 2450). If that didn't do the trick, you have a legitimate gripe for service at any dealer- it is a factory option (VBS), so they have to fix it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
As I recall, there is a setting in the DIC to make the mirrors retract (fold) when the vehicle is parked. I'd have to look through the 2009 manual to find it.

I don't recall reading about the exit position having a memory- we don't use it so it's never been an issue with us. That would in effect be a third programmed position setting if it was possible.

The advance remote start w/ LCD screen should have far better range. First thing I'd try was a new battery. Our first one only lasted a short time. The second one has lasted a lot longer. They are like thick camera batteries and available at Wal-Mart (CR 2450). If that didn't do the trick, you have a legitimate gripe for service at any dealer- it is a factory option (VBS), so they have to fix it.
I'll give a new battery a try, even though I am showing almost full and it is a brand new unit- but ya never know. As for the distance, I have not read any specifications that say how far it will work- even with a caveat that environmental variables would impact this. The closest thing I have read is 3x farther than the regular remote. So I guess I can compare against the regular remote and that can be the foundation for my gripe. Good place to start if the battery doesn't do it.

Don't recall any setting to park mirrors on exit but I will give that a look too.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bjbyers said:
The closest thing I have read is 3x farther than the regular remote. So I guess I can compare against the regular remote and that can be the foundation for my gripe. Good place to start if the battery doesn't do it.
I posted a video on here a while back. I don't know that it is avaialbe to view anymore. But the video was a car junkie shop that installed the advanced 2 way remote system in a chevy pickup. The guy was 1 mile away from the truck in plan sight and was able to start the vehicle and check air pressure and all the other features it had. I remember someone saying the antenna for the 2way is installed in the rear cargo area near the window. I think on the passenger side. Maybe they forgot to install the anteanna? ???

I reloaded it to flickr
here it is http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3500222145/?edited=1

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I posted a video on here a while back. I don't know that it is avaialbe to view anymore. But the video was a car junkie shop that installed the advanced 2 way remote system in a chevy pickup. The guy was 1 mile away from the truck in plan sight and was able to start the vehicle and check air pressure and all the other features it had. I remember someone saying the antenna for the 2way is installed in the rear cargo area near the window. I think on the passenger side. Maybe they forgot to install the anteanna? ???

I reloaded it to flickr
here it is http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3500222145/?edited=1
They should have done with test with some "road blocks" to see the signal could find it's way to the vehicle. Impressive none the less

1 - 9 of 9 Posts