GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to search the forum for this problem but I couldn't find anything so here it goes. My wife has a '18 SLT. She is 4'10.5" and has trouble seeing around the mirror on the drivers door. This is the first vehicle we have ever had that the seat would not go high enough. I am hoping that someone else has run into this problem and has a good, safe fix for this. I do not want her sitting on a phone book (who even has those anymore) or a pillow. I thought about removing the seat and making 2" spacers to go under the rails but I don't want to create a safety issue for her.

·
Super Moderator
18,999 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Have you talked with your dealer about this? Sometimes, they know specialty companies who will modify a vehicle for the smaller/taller driver. It's best to do a mod like that with the dealer's involvement when the vehicle is still under the new car warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome's and input. I have thought about that but frankly I have been too lazy to pursue it. I am sure you are right about it being the best route to go. I know it has been a problem for her and is finally coming to the point where she wants to get rid of it for something that fits her better. I however like everything about the Acadia. We have had only one issue (shift to park) that was taken care of by the dealer. Hate to get rid of a car that has been pretty good to us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts