GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Acadia in the shop 4-5 times with the driver's side door popping/rattling. They have done numerous things, but it hasn't changed anything. Has anyone noticed this on their Acadia??? Mine is an 07 SLT2. I love the vehicle, but this popping is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Everything on the inside seems to be lose too. Have you noticed???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 07 Outlook and experience the same popping noise in the driver side door when I am driving on bumpy roads. I have not taken it into the dealer yet but will if the problem worsens. I have noticed that when the window is halfway down, I could slide/shift both driver and passenger window fore/aft about a 1/2 -3/4 in. Not sure if they are designed to be loose like that or not. That might be the cause of the popping noise.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've noticed this a few times, I crank the window all the way closed, then back off a bit (still closed) and it sometimes goes away...this is another item I may have to have them look at sometime. ::)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, my wife complained to me about it. I told her someone probably hit her with a door or shopping cart. I have looked and looked and there is no ding. The only thing I can see is lower on the door the gap is smaller. This just started about 2 weeks ago, possibly the cold weather bringing it out??? ???

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know most people don't have the time or tools to do this, or feel they shouldn't have to on a new $30,000+ car, but taking off teh door panel and tightening things up may help. I have a noise in my drivers' door too and found it to be the door plunger. The metal shaft apparently has some play in it and I am assuming the shaft is hitting the metal in the door frame or possibly other linkage in the door. I bought some thin adhesive foam tape (primary use is for weatherstripping around doors/windows), and will be pulling the door panel soon (hopefully) to get it fixed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From what I can tell there is contact between the door and something attached to the front 1/4 panel. The seam of the door is hitting when you open the door about 3/4 of the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealership replaced my door panel and so far, so good. I don't hear any popping. Someone mentioned that it got worse in cold weather and that's when mine started. During the warm summer months, I heard nothing. On colder days, it would pop. It also won't pop if it's raining????? Thanks for all of your replies!!! All in all though, I really do LOVE this vehicle. I just wish that the inside was put together a little bit tighter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After replacing the interior door panel, the popping quit for a few days. Now, it's popping again. I sent it back to the dealership and they supposedly tightened the door panel again and greased where the door panel makes contact with the weather stripping. This worked for 4 days and now we're popping again! It's driving me crazy. I don't understand why this can't be resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I had a similar popping sound on my Montana that drove me nuts for about 3 years. I finally figured out that it was the weatherstripping making noise and it was not the door at all. I simply took some silicone to the weather stripping to lubricate it, and the popping went away. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
So, now I understood why in my 08' Acadia all door seals have a lubricant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts