GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the Acadia and they had to order new seat mounting bolts for the drivers seat; apparently the seat bolts are "stretched" and can't be tightened. They ordered new bolts, but won't be in till next week. What happens is under heavy braking or acceleration; the drivers seat will rock approximately 1/4 inch! It's a little unnerving especially when you are braking heavily. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That's hard to figure out- if the '07 is the same as the '09, the bolts are on the backside only and the front uses tabs to locate the seat (found out about this when I did the headrest DVD install). If memory serves, the heads were 15mm and the bolt was 10mm- pretty thick. I'd think the brackets would bend before the bolts would stretch.

We had a "rolling" seat (moved about 1/2" fore & aft) in a 2001 Durango- seemed like the power seat mechanism had some slop.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will go with the bolt option; I gotta believe that the dealer mechanics are knowledgeable. If there is no fix, I will suggest the power seat mechanism, maybe they are trying to save some money and shoot for the lowest cost replacement parts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've noticed recently that ALL of the seats in the Acadia have some movement in them when braking and accelerating. Both front and both 2nd row captains chairs. I'm out of warranty though and the movement doesn't bother me enough to make me want to pay a dealership to fix them.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the bolts replaced on the driver's seat and it's solid as a rock. One other thing though; when I picked the vehicle up there was a cup holder from a child's car seat sitting on the second row seats. I found this kind of interesting because my boys are 10 & 15; so I figured this was a left over piece from the previous owners. Then I started to think where they could have found this large piece because I have been through the vehicle thoroughly and the only thing I can think of is that maybe this piece somehow became wedged under the driver's seat :eek: This may have contributed to the rocking of the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
You know, having read the subject line of your post again, I'm reading it as "Driver seat ROCKS!" ;) Man, my driver's seat rocks! *woohoo* :D

Glad you found a fix for yours. I don't think mine necessarily "rock" but they certainly are shifty.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found it coincidental that they fixed the seat and they also found the car seat cup holder on the same visit. I think it was a combination of the two the contributed to the rocking :rock:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Web Raven said:
You know, having read the subject line of your post again, I'm reading it as "Driver seat ROCKS!" ;) Man, my driver's seat rocks! *woohoo* :D

Glad you found a fix for yours. I don't think mine necessarily "rock" but they certainly are shifty.
:ditto:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same issue but mine also makes an annoying creek and pop noise when braking and accelerating to and from a stop. Has been in about 3-4 times for this issue and is in again today...If they cant fix, I am going to demand a new seat be installed...anyone have any luck with trying to do this? I am more than willing to call or write whomever I need to to get this thing fixed as I refuse to put up with annoying creaks and rattles on a 37K vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, I got a new seat bracket installed today and WOW what a difference...no more popping or creaking and it just feels like it freaking should...only took 8 dealer visits but at last my seat is fixed! :dancing:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
evahnulahm said:
Well, I got a new seat bracket installed today and WOW what a difference...no more popping or creaking and it just feels like it freaking should...only took 8 dealer visits but at last my seat is fixed! :dancing:
Shouldn't take a dealer 8 trips to fix that, but at least it's good now. :cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Shouldn't take a dealer 8 trips to fix that, but at least it's good now. :cheers:
I agree, but i always keep the dealer receipts and I wasnt exagerating, 8 trips for the drivers side seat...I need to bill back GMC for my time spent ;) the dealer i bought it from used to fill my tank but when they went belly up that dried up :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts