GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I accelerate or stop the driver seat makes a creak or squeak noise. I have had the seat track replaced fro the rough feel, but it was there before the replacement and is still there now. Anyone else have this or a suggested fix other than weight reduction? I think WD-40 would be easier and faster than Slimfast!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same issue. 215 lbs, I could stand to lose a few but I too would rather fix the seat issue, I have never had this issue in any other vehicle I have owned. It almost sounds like metal fatiguing or bending, not sure if WD-40 would work. This is my only real complaint with my Acadia so I just have to keep the Bose pumped up loud to forget about it. :rock:

I am bringing it in soon for an oil change and the tranny reflash so I will bring this up and see what they say and let you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All us heavyweights with the same problem. I'm 210. I also "feel" a slipping of the seat under hard acceleration, I don't know if it is the seat track or me just sinking into the seat. ???

·
Registered
681 Posts
I do not feel a slipping in the seat, it is more of a flexing and the metal makes a metal on metal flexing sound( I do not want to say squeak because it does not sound like that - more of a creaking sound) it is hard to explain, just annoying. The seat itself does not feel like it is moving though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to be clear, I don't feel anything moving, just a noise that seems to come from the door side of the driver seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys -

Don't let them blame your weight, how you sit in the seat, or use the seat adjustments. My Nissan Murano had the same problem (with many owners reporting the same issues - squeaking, rocking, etc.) - It is a cheap seat track that is the culprit. It was only finally corrected on the Murano when they redesigned (read - used heavier gauge material along with the redesign. Keep pushing GMC to fix the problem - They will have to as I am sure it will be common to all the same platforms (Acadia, Outlook, Enclave). It won't go away until they redesign it - and nothing is more annoying and feels less secure than a rocking seat when you stop.

Thanks & Good luck..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same problem with my Outlook. Both creaking and slight movement on takeoff and hard braking. Dealer is trying to tell me they didn't feel anything, or, hear any noise. In the same breath they are trying to convince me that some seat movement and noise are normal. Not! They even went so far as to tell me they tried out some new models on the lot and that they were the same. It was too late to take the service consultant or a technician for a test drive when I picked it up, but, during my next visit (probably for another dead battery they keep asking me if I'm leaving anything on to cause) I guess I will have to make the time to show them how to listen for, and, feel abnormalities. Can't wait for them to show the same thing on some of the brand new ones in inventory, since it took about 4 months and approximately 5,000 miles for it to start on mine. Yea, I'm frustrated.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Had the Acadia in for the reflash and also had them look into the seat noise issue. I got it back and the write up said they tightened the seat and greased the track (I can smell that grease in the vehicle). Anyway, the creaking has diminished some but it is still there, I can envision this coming back full bore in a few weeks after some of the grease has dried out. I am starting to believe that they sued some inferior metal on the seat frames or they did not use any plastic or rubber washers inbetween the metal connections. I picked up after hours and was not able to talk with any one yet, they have a new dash compartment on order to fix the latch issue (does not open automatically anymore) so when I bring back I will have them take a more in depth look at this issue. I did not pay $40K for a vehicle to have the seats squeak, this is not normal, never had this on sup $20K vehicles, and if it is normal on all Acadia them this is a GM quality problem and not a normality.

On the plus side the dealer stepped up and gave me a loaner (this is not the norm for them for 1 day services), I spoke with my salesman and said that if they want me to drive the 45 miles to use their service department I will need a loaner, although it was a older Oldsmobile Alero that was dirty, it was still a loaner and allowed me to get to work and not take a vacation day. No issues with the tranny reflash, the odometer is working fine so they knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine did it for weeks and then the lumbar latch broke. Since that was fixed (twice) it does not make noise. I did notice that after I take the kids booster seats out of the second row capt.'s chairs, those things make noises while driving. I put them back, no noise. I'm an audiophile freak anyway with noises...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have found some success with this. I, too, had the seat creaking near the driver's side door. I bought some WD40 white lithium grease the other day (any spray lithium grease would probably work). I moved the seat all the way forward, went behind the seat, and sprayed in the seat tracks and the threaded rod that the seat seems to move back and forth over. I then moved the seat all the way back, went in front of the seat, and repeated the process. I then moved the seat all the way back and forth a couple times to work the grease around. A few days later, and I'm still creak-free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts