GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In the 2021 acadia model - there's driver, passenger seat cooling and heating (accessible through a button in the center console area). When I press the cooling, the fan activates and air is emitted through this vent. The problem is that the air isn't really directed towards the seat - it's just dissipated outward from the vent. Additionally, the air emission has a constant (hissing) sound that sounds kind of like television white static noises. So, on top of being completely ineffective, the cooling feature also an sound irritation.
Hand Shoe Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Sportswear Glove Personal protective equipment Electric blue Safety glove
My question is this :
a) is this normal?
b) does anyone else have this feature and can share their experience?
c) Is there an aftermarket piece of pvc that can redirect the air flow from outward to upwards towards the seat?

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
32 Posts
It looks exactly the same as my 2019. My wife usually sits there, and she can feel the heat and cooling. I can't get a good pic of the driver side, but it feels the same (by touch!).
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine look the same.

Yes there is a little fan noise you will hear. Both my GMC’s make the noise. If the radio is in you never hear it.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
c) Is there an aftermarket piece of pvc that can redirect the air flow from outward to upwards towards the seat?
If you own a 2021 Acadia (something not clear in the post), the vehicle should be under warranty. The dealer's service center can evaluate your complaint and repair the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts