GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the SLE. I noticed there is a place where the DIC could go. Is it possible and/or worth the money to get the DIC. Does anyone have any info on if it is possible and if so how much? Would appreciate any info.....Thanks in advance. :help:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there are some DIC control features on the SLE but this does not answer my question. Can you get the FULL DIC like the ones on the SLT added on after the fact to the SLE :banghead: :help:?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Perhaps you should call your dealer or GM and find out. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am going Thursday to get hitch put on my SLE and I also will be asking about the DIC buttons. Seems crazy that those are not a standard feature for the line. For my test drive I saw the DIC and just assumed that it had all the features my base model Jeep Grand had. Guess not, but I would think that if you just added the buttons the features would be there. I have added stuff to other vehicles in the past and the computer picked it up after the hard ware was installed. We will see. If they what a crazy price for the buttons, I will do with out, of course! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brooksb let us know what you find out..............I know Iwould be interested
if it is possible and not to expensive. J :cheers:

·
Registered
730 Posts
subscribing...
interested to find out if it can be done.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The rumor is that the DICs are simply one, identical unit across the model line, and that the presence of the DIC buttons are what toggles it beween "basic" and "enhanced" mode. All the sensors and everything required are already in place on SLEs, and adding the buttons to achieve full functionality enjoyed by SLT owners has proven to be as simple as adding the buttons on a few GM products (including new Sierras in the threads referenced above)... so, as a new SLE owner, I sure hope this works!

Anyone in a larger center wanna head down to their local junkyard and probably (unfortunately) find a wrecked Lambda or two, pilfer the buttons, and give it a spin...? :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry Fellas I forgot to replay to this thread, I spoke with my dealer and was told that you could not add the buttons to the SLE. I still can't believe that, as I am sure (As stated above) it is the same computer setup and just adding the buttons will give you the features. Anyone else been able to find the buttons for sale?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Brooksb said:
Sorry Fellas I forgot to replay to this thread, I spoke with my dealer and was told that you could not add the buttons to the SLE. I still can't believe that, as I am sure (As stated above) it is the same computer setup and just adding the buttons will give you the features. Anyone else been able to find the buttons for sale?
People with Sierra SLEs were also told by the dealer that it could not be done, yet it is. I'm still going to try it if no one else does.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great. I would think that the first step is to pop the dash and see whether there is an unconnected harness there. I am checking whether we can buy the buttons separately.

-- Pierre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts