GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a new problem today, wife calls and says the radio wont shut off, you know when you open the door and get out and everything shuts off, well not ours, the radio has to be manually shut off right now. Fast forward to this evening and after getting in line at a drive thru, we realized that nothing on the drivers door (which is what activates the radio shut off when opening) works, no power windows, no power mirrors, no power seat memory movement at all, the passenger power window button works just fine, its only affecting the drivers door and everything attached to it. Anyone else seen this one?

Thanks
:banghead:

gotta love first year production :-\

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do not think this is an issue of 1st year production, just a defective part or a lazy worker. There must be some type of cable/connector that has come apart for all the devices in the door to fail. All the wires come through one point in the door and they have to be able to disconnected in the event the door needs to be removed. I am sure a visit to the dealer could solve this problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update,
Took it to the dealer this morning, all is well again, apparently there was a harness inside the door that had came loose, the dealer thinks it just didnt get fastened all the way at the factory, big pain not being able to put your window down, or lock your door with the key fob, lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Glad it was an easy fix, it seemed odd that all devices failed, made sense that it was some sort of bundled cable. :thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
same thing has happened to my 08. although it has been random, and I have also had radio channels changing by themselves. Will bring up harness issue when I bring it in. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting timing on this rehash from the past...last night I put the window down to pay for parking, window wouldn't go back up. No lights on the armrest and no controls except driver's side mirror adjustments ???.

Had to drive 100km (60 miles) home at -1C (30F?). Not fun with the girlfriend and kids in the Acadia. One positive note, the heaters (front and rear fully cranked) did an admirable job. Oh yeah, no drivers' side heated seat either...

I've already had it corrected on an earlier occasion, so don't expect it to be fully corrected unless your shop does something extra to more securely reattach it.

If I could, I'd get outta this lease; FAR too many issues with this buggy so far...I hope I'm never crazy enough to be a first-model-year guinea pig again!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Gills said:
Interesting timing on this rehash from the past...last night I put the window down to pay for parking, window wouldn't go back up. No lights on the armrest and no controls except driver's side mirror adjustments ???.

Had to drive 100km (60 miles) home at -1C (30F?). Not fun with the girlfriend and kids in the Acadia. One positive note, the heaters (front and rear fully cranked) did an admirable job. Oh yeah, no drivers' side heated seat either...

I've already had it corrected on an earlier occasion, so don't expect it to be fully corrected unless your shop does something extra to more securely reattach it.

If I could, I'd get outta this lease; FAR too many issues with this buggy so far...I hope I'm never crazy enough to be a first-model-year guinea pig again!
Yes first year models have always had bugs to work out. But the second and third years should be pretty much refined. That isn't the case here. They are still having problems that GM has taken too long to correct the know problems as new problems develop with time . This has hurt their customer satisfaction.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
donlovestheas said:
same thing has happened to my 08. although it has been random, and I have also had radio channels changing by themselves. Will bring up harness issue when I bring it in. Thanks
Make sure you don't have anything in the trunk. My radio was changing after I went over speed bumps. I was calling the dealer when I realized it was a backpack hitting the tailgate radio controls.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
mckcab said:
Make sure you don't have anything in the trunk. My radio was changing after I went over speed bumps. I was calling the dealer when I realized it was a backpack hitting the tailgate radio controls.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Did not know Acadias had this....any photos of what it looks like, and where it's located. Sounds like a cool feature.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No ...nothing in the back. That was my first thought too. It will just randomly change bands....I always have the radio on XM and it will change to one of my preset FM stations just out of the blue. I have to say the thrill is fading on this vehicle. I still enjoy it, but a few too many issues for me. Then again my all time favorite ride is still a Jeep Grand Wagoneer, so what do I know. At least I never had my old Jeep change stations when ever it felt like it. I swear my next vehicle is going to be a renovated Woodie from Grand Wagoneer.com.

·
Registered
540 Posts
09Enclave said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Did not know Acadias had this....any photos of what it looks like, and where it's located. Sounds like a cool feature.
The rear audio controls are located in the cargo area on the passenger side interior panel. You were able to get this as a single option until 2009 where you had to get it as a package with the H.U.D. In 2010 the new package is HID lights,HUD,and rear audio controls .(Not avaibable seperately)

Bobby

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
DeForger said:
The rear audio controls are located in the cargo area on the passenger side interior panel. You were able to get this as a single option until 2009 where you had to get it as a package with the H.U.D. In 2010 the new package is HID lights,HUD,and rear audio controls .(Not avaibable seperately)

Bobby
Was an option on the 08s as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Soo...an update on my post (#5 above) about the door control panel.

Almost a week has passed and the replacement part (body control module) STILL hasn't arrived at the dealer. Ugh!

They did give me a loaner though, a bone-stock Cobalt with no remote locks, no ABS, no traction control, and no tread on the tires. Wouldn't be that bad except we've had a wicked snow/rain/sleet combo around here the last few days.

I can't wait to get my Acadia back!

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Gill, is your repair a warranty item? If so you should get a 'loaner' comparable to the Acadia, unless they had nothing else available.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nah, it's more of a "beggars can't be choosers" situation; I'm at 72,000km, or 12,000km out of warranty.

When I was in warranty, the dealer always made sure I had suitable replacement transportation, so I can't fault them there.

I didn't think GM made cars without ABS anymore; seems so 1970s!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quick (I hope) update:

I got my Acadia back today. Dealer put in the new Body Control Module and lo and behold, despite the diagnostics computer's assessment, that wasn't the problem. Glad we only waited a week for it to come in. The problem was a bunch of corroded wires in the driver's side A-pillar.

Any guesses as to the likely cause of the corrosion? Hmmm. Sunroof leak maybe?

Since I picked up the Acadia after hours and wasn't about to give any grief to the receptionist, I paid the $140 for the wiring repair (no charge for the loaner) and went on my way. The window works except for auto-up, which I can do without for now.

I'll be calling them tomorrow though to discuss the sunroof leak as the cause of the corrosion. The A-pillars became the defacto drains for the roof for a while, which this same shop repeatedly repaired, so I'm hoping they'll see the light.

I'm going to get my buyout amount from GMAC and see what my options are -- this feels like the start of a gremlin infestion with my ride. I have to say though I was thrilled to get the Acadia back -- I truly missed it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
This has happened to me too now. I know this is an old post, but maybe somebody has some new insight. Every once in a while the radio will not turn off when you shut off the car and open the drivers door. Plus, yesterday my wife said that the drivers side window wouldnt work. Then I noticed a few days back the lights in the drivers side door controls werent on(It was night time) and when i tapped the door armrest, they came on. Sounds like to me a loose connection in the door, but in addition one time the HVAC were stuck and wouldnt do anything(Until i turned off the car and started it back up, then the controls worked again). Plus I have noticed the blinkers blink at a funny irregular pace every once in a while. Plus a few times the radio(NAV) has just decided to turn itself off, and then back on again, while driving. I am trying to find where all these little gremlins tie together.

Haha, this is a bunch of little nit picky stuff, but it is a little aggrivating. Considering how much one of these vehicles cost.

08 SLT2 65K

It has the sunroof, and acording to dealer records the drain tube extension was completed. We havent seen any water anywhere inside.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
BCM and moisture if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took my 2008 in for this same issue - Driver's side completely out, rear passenger side the same way. Corrosion was near the "upper IPC" at the "x550 thru connector CKT 500". I had (stupidly) purchased an extended warranty from Grossinger through American Auto Guardian and they threw out coverage in the F-10 clause which covers acts of terrorism and corrosion :thumbdown: .

We had a leaking sunroof and also leaking roof seams and am wondering if that's causing the corrosion.

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Dontcha just hate corrosive terrorists? :shrug:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts