GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We replaced the catalytic converter on bank 2 and now my 09 acadia is blowing hot air even with the turning the vents/fan off. I have tried to relearn the blend actuator doors by removing the sensor. It reset my auto temperature but never cycled through. The problem started off on just the passenger side but after trying to recalibrate it the driver side is now blowing super hot too. I can change the vent to defrost or top vents fine when I turn it on but changing the temperature is does not adjust. There is freon in the system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can change where the air blows but its still just as hot. Anyone have any ideas on this? I have taken it into numerous shops over the past two months to fix different things and really cannot afford to spend another dime on this car.

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
There's a separate actuator for hot/cold control. Perhaps that has failed. Here's a video about replacing it yourself if you're up to the task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing