GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

With all the rain the in the northeast i have noticed a couple of drips of water coming through the door. Has anyone else experienced this as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here in Dallas we have had heavy rain, tornado's and hail recently, but I have not experienced any problems in my Outlook.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've driven my Acadia in plenty of heavy rain this past month and haven't experienced any leaking problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The rain up here hasn't caused any issues with mine, but every now and then while washing it, I must hit the door seal just right with the water stream, as I'll end up with a few droplets on the seats. Nothing major though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only noticed a few drops as well, but only on the side that the wind is coming from.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Goose said:
Hi all,

With all the rain the in the northeast i have noticed a couple of drips of water coming through the door. Has anyone else experienced this as well?

Thanks
I got in mine the other day durring a hard rain & saw a few drops in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
497 Posts
OK, maybe I'm not crazy.

Saturday after driving in rain and mist during the day and then it was parked outside, we went out in the evening. The driver's seatbelt was wet from what is inside the B pillar. Also, some dampness on the carpet right behind the driver's seat and the B pillar. I thought I might have closed the seat belt in the door, but highly unlikely. Tons of rain on Sunday, but seatbelt dry Sunday evening and Monday morning.

As I open and close the door in the rain, or the window, I get rain drops on the respective closest seat, but I've not found any water on the seats or door handles when opening after a rain.

G

·
With all the heavy rain we had this weekend, I noticed a couple of drip marks on the drivers seat and the second row passenger seat.

·
Registered
230 Posts
didn't notice any water/drips with mine. we had over 4" of rain sunday and mine was mostly parked outside, although I did drive in it for about 10 miles.

·
Registered
542 Posts
DFont have my Acadia yet but my previous car leaked around the skylight not long after I bought it. It was only once and has never leaked again in 10 years. Perhaps the seals need to expand or soften a bit with time?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We had a down pour last night, a good "Texas" rain. The rain was slanted and VERY hard. I didn't have a problem at all except for listening to the kids complain about wiping their feet before getting into the car!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have been driving in these Noreaster rains the last few days, blowing sideways and have had no leaks to report. I do notice drops on the seat when opening the drivers door after a heavy rain. I am assuming it is water built up in the chanels around the gaskets that drips o nthe seat when the door is first opened - no big deals, this has happened on other cars I have owned and is expected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Goose,

I too live in the northeast and I had leaks around the rear passenger doors. I had the dealer try to locate it and they couldn't find or see the leaks. At least it's recorded so when it does leak i can complain until a TSB is released or the just replace the gaskets.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Picked up my Acadia today and drove 60 miles home in rain and about a 35 mph wind. No runs...no drips...no errors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yep.....3 of my 4 door s leaked while setting at work during the rains. Thought it might be a fluke.

I installed "GM" window vents Sat. so I'm sure the dealer will say that's the problem......it leaked before the vents went on. :sosad:

after more thought on this :beer:, I have washed the Acadia, 3 times and have never noticed any water spots on the seat. So maybe it's a flaw in the seal that is affected only when moving. Water could be forced in and run uphill via the wind pressure. :beer: more thought needed.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
Can you send some of those heavy rains over to Southern :sunny: California. I'd love to see if our Acadia leaks.
The day after I posted this we had pouriing rain in Los Angeles. I drove the Acadia in heavy rain just to see if it leaked. I'm happy to report that I found no leaks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I actually use a small pressure washer (2000psi)to pre-rinse mine and have found no leakage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there has been some more down pours and i have not noticed anymore leaks. I'm hopeing it was a onetime thing

·
Registered
264 Posts
I washed mine at a very powerful spray drive thru and had no liaks it is a very high pressure wash.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts