GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Acadia sle. The rear window wasn't working and it turns out it was a ground. While my buddy was messing with it I believe he grounded the wrong wire at some point. The hazards, blinkers, courtesy lights, rear hatch and door locks stopped working. The fob works and auto locking when in drive. The radio will stay on after the door opens. I swapped out the bcm(Saturn Outlook) and most things started to work, except for the lock switches and rear hatch. The truck turned on, of course the radio was locked. The switches work because they send a signal to the bcm but the bcm doesn't send one out. I only tested the outlook bcm. I'm stuck because if a flashing would fix the problem, problem being an anti theft problem, then I could save some money. If not, I will have to the dealer from the beginning not waste time or money. Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
19,561 Posts
The BCM should have been flashed with the vehicle's VIN-specific info before it was installed. Could be a big part of the problem if it wasn't done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BCM should have been flashed with the vehicle's VIN-specific info before it was installed. Could be a big part of the problem if it wasn't done.
Thanks for the reply. I just need to be sure that if I spend the money to flash it, the locks will work. Being that everything else started to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts